News - Part 3 - Alfred x Jim x Harvey x Reader

Alfred quickly made his way back into the kitchen, reaching for his phone and calling (Y/n)'s number. He knew that he couldn't leave the house, Bruce was already in bed; but he had to speak to her, he had to find out if this meant what he thought it meant. And if it did............then his concerns about not being good enough to look after Bruce, would feel like nothing.

"Pick up............!" The butler exclaimed down the phone. His heart racing, as it went straight to voicemail.

"(Y/n), we need to talk.........you need to come back. Please, call me back as soon as you get this........Please.............we have to discuss this........" Alfred said, before he hung up. The former member of the SAS, taking a seat in one of the chairs, before deciding to call her again, just in case. His mind going through a thousand thoughts, as it went immediately back to voicemail.

Alfred had always prided himself on knowing what to do in any given situation; but this..........this was well beyond his area of expertise, and he had to admit that he felt a little lost. The butler able to understand now, why (Y/n) had seemed as she had. Why she had needed to talk........to ask the question that she had asked. And what had he done........? He had allowed her to leave, thinking that he didn't care about her; that there was nothing between them, other than the sex. And he knew that he had to do something to rectify that. He had to speak with her and tell her how he really felt.

Slowly, he looked down at the plastic stick that he still had in his hand. A baby...........he was going to be a father............he, Alfred Thaddeus Crane Pennyworth was going to be a father..........A smile suddenly spreading across his features as he realised what he was thinking. He had never thought that something like this would happen to him; that he would ever be able to pass on the Pennyworth name..........but here he was.........Though all that did depend on whether (Y/n) would ever speak to him again.

Reaching for his phone, he called the female detective's number again; Alfred well aware that it had only been a few moments since he had last called, since he had left the message; but he had to try. A sigh of exasperation leaving his lips, as once more the call went straight to the message. But he was not about to give up; he knew if there was anyone in Gotham that might know where she would be going, it would be the two men she worked with. Alfred pressing another button on his phone; the butler relieved that this time, someone answered.

"Alfred.......what's wrong.............?"

                                                      >>-------------------------------------<<

The car sped through the evening. (Y/n) looking at the phone on the passenger seat, as a call came through. Her hands wringing the steering wheel, as she saw Alfred's name displayed. The female detective in no mood to speak to the butler at this moment in time. Not sure that she ever wanted to speak to him again. How could she have been so stupid? How could she have allowed herself to believe that he cared? But it was too late to chastise herself for that now. She was going to be a mother..........she had more important things to think about than Alfred. The life growing inside her, the thing that she had to focus on now. The female detective not sure what she should do next; but one way or another, she would figure it out. One way or another, she would ensure that this baby had the best life possible, even if it didn't have a father.

Again, the cell phone rang, again Alfred's name was displayed; and again, she ignored it. Perhaps when this night was over, when she had calmed down a little, she might feel more open to hearing what he had to say. But for now, she just wanted to go somewhere familiar; somewhere she felt as though she belonged. The detective pulling up the car, as she got to the bar that she, Harvey and Jim would go to after work to relax a little. (Y/n) pushing her cell phone into the glovebox, before climbing out of the car and making her way into the bar.

"(Y/n)............." A cheery voice called out, as she made her way over to the countertop.

"Evening, Murphy............"

"The usual............?" The barman asked, as he turned to reach for a glass.

"Er........no.........just a soda water. I have a bit of an upset stomach..........."

                                                       >>----------------------------------<<

"What the hell is wrong with you..............?" Harvey asked, as Jim put his phone back on his desk.

"That was Alfred. He said that (Y/n) went to see him............"

"(Y/n) went to see him? I thought she was going to see a suspect or something..........She said she had got some information she had to deal with." Harvey interjected, as he dropped the file he was working on.

"Yeah..........me too; but no, she went to Wayne Manor..............."

"And..............?"

"And...........it would appear that she is pregnant............"

"(Y/n), our (Y/n) is pregnant.........? Then why would she be going to see..........oh..........you mean (Y/n) and the butler.............?"

"It would seem so............." Jim replied, as he took up his phone again, and called (Y/n)'s number.

"But Alfred said that something went wrong, and (Y/n) left in a hurry. Now he can't get out of the house to find her, and he can't get in contact with her............and nor can I............." Jim continued, huffing slightly, as the call went straight to the message.

"Well, we have to find her............" Harvey said, as he got up from his chair and grabbed his hat and coat.

"Agreed, and if she isn't here, the only other place that she is likely to be, is home................" The younger man concurred, as he too grabbed his coat.

"Either that, or she could have gone to Murphys............" Harvey countered, as the two men made their way down the stairs. The pair looking at one another for a moment as they got to the bottom step.

"She's gone to Murphys........" Both said in unison, before the two made their way to the car.