Back from the dead - Part 10 - Harvey x Jim x Reader

"Detective (Y/l/n)? I..............I thought that you were dead." Oswald said, as (Y/n), Harvey and Jim made their way back over to the crime scene tape.

"Hello Oswald. Yeah, I've been getting that a lot recently. Yet here I am in all my glory." (Y/n) replied. Giving the dark-haired man a small smile.

"And what glory it is...................." Oswald continued, as he took the female detective's hand, and softly kissed her knuckles. Oswald smiling slightly, as he heard Jim growl under his breath. The once simple umbrella boy for Fish Mooney holding onto the female detectives for just a little longer. His smile getting wider, as Jim finally pulled (Y/n)'s hand from his.

"So nice to see you again too, detective Gordon. As I was saying, it is such a shame that this wonderful city of ours is becoming so dangerous. Things need to change and someone needs to take control...................."

"And would this someone happen to be you, Oswald?" (Y/n) enquired. Taking Oswald's gaze away from Jim.

"How very clever of you, Detective (Y/l/n). I find myself in the running to become Gotham's next mayor................."

"You............the mayor.................? Well, I could only imagine what that will do for the crime statistics." (Y/n) interrupted, as she looked at Jim and Harvey. Both men able to hear the hint of sarcasm in her voice. It obvious that Oswald had heard the same thing. His smile falling for a second before coming back even broader.

"Well, until the time that you are elected, and put us all out of a job, you will have to excuse us. Murders don't have a tendency of solving themselves. Nor do murderers have the habit of turning themselves in." (Y/n) continued. Giving Oswald and his goons a nod, before making her way back towards the body. Jim and Harvey just smirking, before following after her.

                                                        >>----------------------------------<<

"You know something, sweetheart. You haven't lost it." Harvey chuckled, as he put his arm around her shoulder.

"What.........? Oh. Oswald. I just couldn't help myself. Oswald as mayor. As if things aren't bad enough." (Y/n) replied, smiling as she looked at the man by her side. Jim moving to her other side, as they once again stood over the covered body.

"Well, I told you what I think about this one. The only other thing I would say, is I don't believe that this guy, whoever he was, was your perps first victim. He could be the first that's been found. But, he's not the first that's been killed." (Y/n) told Jim and Harvey. The two looking at one another, before looking back at her.

"Oh, come on. How many times did we do this same thing? How many times have I gone over this same stuff before.............? Fine..........look, as I said the cuts on the body don't seem frantic. They aren't jagged or clumsy slashes. This was done slowly, methodically and well. He has had the time and practice to perfect his technique. I would say that he has somewhere that he takes them. Somewhere that he kills them. Somewhere he can take as long as he likes with them. Somewhere where they bleed out. That's why there is no blood around the body. Personally, I would look through the files of all the bodies that you have. Maybe his other victims appeared a little different. Maybe they aren't as clean as this one. But I am telling you, I doubt that this guy is the first." (Y/n) explained. One at the cops at the end of the alley catching Harvey's attention. The Irishman seeing the vehicle waiting to pick up the body.

"Well, you could always help us. You could cast your eyes over the files................." Harvey said, as he nodded his head at the officer. The man holding up the crime scene tape for the men with the gurney and body bag to pass under.

"Me? Oh, no. Like I said, this is yours and Jim's case. I have just come along for the ride. And given the amount of case files I saw that the captain had put on my desk, I think that I'm gonna be busy for a long time to come." (Y/n) chuckled, as she, Jim and Harvey made their way back to the car. Her heart beating a little quicker, as Jim opened the door for her and smiled.

                                                            >>-------------------------------<<

"Why don't you go inside, sweetheart? Me and Jim need to talk about something." Harvey said, as they drew up to the precinct. (Y/n) nodding, as she got out of the car and made her way across the road. Harvey watching before turning to look at Jim.

The ride back to the precinct had been as quiet as the drive to the scene. Harvey had hoped that with Jim seeming to thaw a little, he might have actually said something to (Y/n). But he had been disappointed. His partner just choosing to once again stare out of the window. So now, now he wanted to see what was going on with Jim. And even though he would probably tell him that it was none of his business, Harvey knew that he had to do something. If not for (Y/n)'s sake, then for his own. The Irishman not sure how much more of this tension he could take.

"Harvey, what..................?"

"Are you gonna talk to her or not? Look, I can only imagine what's going on in your head, pal. But sooner or later you are going to have to sit down and say something to her. You can't spend the rest of your days avoiding her or pretending that she isn't there. (Y/n) is back, she is real, and she wants to explain everything to you. To tell you why she had to do what she did. But she can't do that................."

"I..............I can't.................." Jim interrupted. His eyes cast down to his hands in his lap.

"What? Why................? Its just (Y/n). Hell, you were going to ask her to marry you before she......................."

"I can't, ok? I just................What............what if she doesn't love me anymore." Jim said. Harvey sure that he had never seen his partner look so lost before. So broken. The older detective shaking his head before getting out and making his way over to Jim's side of the car. Opening the door for his friend.

"She still loves you. Now, go and talk to her................."