Back from the dead - Part 11 - Jim x Harvey x Reader

"She...........she still loves me.......? How do you know..........?" Jim enquired, as Harvey pulled him out of the car and pushed him over the road to the imposing façade of the old precinct.

"Oh jeez........I know because she told me that she still loves you. And even if she hadn't told me, it's obvious even to a blind man that she still has feelings for you. You only have to see her eyes every time she looks at you to know that she is still goofy for you. Now, will you get up those stairs and talk to her, before I lock you both in a cupboard and refuse to let you out until you have actually said more than a handful of words to her about anything other than this new case." Harvey explained, as he gestured for Jim to get himself up the stairs. His partner giving him a small smile, and kiss on the head before bounding up the staircase. Harvey shaking his head and pulling off his hat, before slowly following after the younger detective.

                                                             >>-------------------------------<<

(Y/n) sat on the edge of her desk and grabbed the top file from the pile that Sarah had left for her. She of course wasn't reading it, her thoughts too caught up in Jim. She had hoped that he would say something more to her, than just asking her what she thought about the bloodless corpse that lay in the alley. She had at least hoped that he would ask her if she was ok. Hell, even ask her about what being dead felt like.............ok, maybe not that.........but something more. Anything more.

Perhaps Harvey was wrong. Perhaps Jim actually didn't care for her anymore. Perhaps he had moved on, and Harvey just didn't know about it. Perhaps she had hurt him so much that he would never forgive her and in fact hated her. Perhaps, perhaps, perhaps............the possibilities, that seemed to be getting worse by the minute, bombarding her; making her feel sick to her stomach.

She had thought about trying to approach him. To try and instigate the conversation that really did need to happen. But she didn't want to push. She knew that the poor man's mind must still be reeling. She knew Jim. So, she knew that she would have to wait for him. And when he did finally come to her, she hoped that he would let her apologies. That he would at least allow her to explain and hope that they could become friends again...........but maybe even that could be too much to ask for.

"(Y/n)?" A voice suddenly came. The female detective looking up from the file that she had not been reading, to the man that now stood in front of her.

She couldn't help but feel the tears prick at the corners of her eyes as she looked at him. Her heart thumping like a jack hammer, as he moved a step closer. It was hard to tell what was about to come. The mixture of emotions that lay behind his beautiful blue orb was hard to sort through. At any moment there was anger, fear, disbelief, and then, then there was.............there was, dare she say, love.............? It was a look that she remembered oh so well. It was the look that had kept her going for the past three years. A look that had made her not give up. A look that had kept her alive. A look that she had so desperately wanted to see again. And there, right before her, it was.

"Jim.........I.............I'm so sorry. I never meant................" (Y/n) tried to reply. Her apology, her explanation cut short as she was pulled from the desk and into Jim's arms. His lips crashing into hers. The kiss filled with so much need, so much desire, hope and love, she could swear that her heart was about to explode with the sheer joy of having him close to her again. (Y/n)'s fingers making their way into his hair. Neither of them caring or remembering that they were in the middle of the precinct surrounded by fellow officers as well as criminals. Harvey smacking a guy around the back of the head, before he could whistle at the pair. The Irishman glaring at him, before looking back at his friends.

He was happy for them. Really, he was. It was true that they still had a lot to talk about, a lot to work through. But he knew that it wouldn't take long before the two of them would be back to how it had been before (Y/n) had had to go. That the ring that Jim had bought her, that Harvey believed he still had, would find its way onto (Y/n)'s finger. Yet a little part of him felt just like he had the day that he had found out that they were together. His heart breaking a little, as he watched the pair hold one another. As he watched them kiss. Harvey sniffing away a tear before he made his way to his desk.

"Okay you two. Not in front of the kids, because if they start asking awkward questions, I am sending them to you." Harvey said as looked at the others present, who quickly went back to what they should be doing, before he placed his hat on his desk and slung his coat around the back of his chair.

"Why don't you two go and talk in my office..............." Another voice came. The three detectives turning to see Sarah smiling at them slightly.

"Do you want to talk............? Are you ready.............?" (Y/n) asked quietly, as she smiled up at Jim. Her smile getting broader, as her lover nodded in agreement.

"Yeah...........I think that we should.............." Jim agreed, before kissing her on the forehead and then leading her to the office. The door being firmly closed and locked behind them.