Chapter 3

After Wei Wuxian finally found the invitation he walk back up to cloud Recesse. When he try to enter into the gate, it push him back. "What is this?" Wei Wuxian went to put his hand on it, "I see, there is a shield here. Well, Lan clan you should do better then that because I can break through this shield."

Wei Wuxian take a step back, he write a talisman into the air and then send it toward the shield. The talisman become butterfly as it break through the shield, "as they said a shield is meant to be broken."

Wei Wuxian continue to walk up to Cloud Recesse, he then climb the wall up to the roof, he look right and left to see if there is anyone or not and when there is no one he climb over the roof.

When he is fully on the roof, he suddenly felt someone is looking at him, so he turn to his right and there he see Lan Wangji looking at him.

"Lan er gongzi, what a coincidence? We meet again," Lan Wangji didn't said anything, "Lan er gongzi are you here....here...are you here to look at the moon?" Once again Lan Wangji didn't said anything, Wei Wuxian smile disappear.

"Lan er gongzi, I only come to see if my Shijie and the other are here or not. Oh that's right, I have found the invitation, let me show you okay?" Wei Wuxian dig into his clothes to get the invitation,"breaking the perimeter barrier. Breaking Lan sect family rules."

"Ah?" Wei Wuxian looked confused at Lan Wangji, "those that return before 5 am can't enter into Cloud Recesse. Breaking Lan sect family rules," Lan Wangji look at the bottle of wine in Wei Wuxian hand.

"Bringing alcohol into  Cloud Recesse is forbidden, that is breaking one of the Lan sect family rule," Wei Wuxian hide his wine behind him. "Lan er gongzi, this is my first time here in Gusu Lan sect. How am I suppose to know about your sect rule. But I swear I will never make this mistake again. Plus, I am anxious to find Jiang Cheng, Shijie and the rest of my Shidi and Shimei. How about this? Just let me take a glance okay?" When Wei Wuxian stand up, a sword is at his throat.

"Then how about this? I share a jar of Tianzi Xiao with you. Can you pretend like you didn't see me tonight okay?"

"Bribing the law enforcer is added to the crime," Lan Wangji said to Wei Wuxian with a straight expression on his face.

"Lan er gongzi, it this really necessary? This afternoon you put a silence spell on me for no reason. So, you're a little responsible for this too." Wei Wuxian said this while sliding the sword back into the sword scabbard.

That night the two end up having an fight, the two of them were even. Wei Wuxian end up having to write the whole Lan Clan sect rule. He end up falling asleep until the next morning.

When the sound of the bell ring, Wei Wuxian wake up, "Oh no! The ceremony is about to start!" He got up and rush out of his guest bedroom.

The ceremony begin, Wei Wuxian couldn't help but feel rather bore, sleepy and tire just by listening to one of the Lan disciple reading all of the rule and such. That is until he heard chipping sound, he look around the room, until he hear it next to him.

Wei Wuxian turn to his right, "hey what do you have there?" Wei Wuxian ask in a whispered tone to the students next to him. The students next to Wei Wuxian, show him what he hide in his sleeves, "what is that?"  Wei Wuxian see a red bird in a cage.

"I found this goldfinch on my way here. It took me three whole days to catch it! What do you think? Cool right?"

"Is cool! Nice catch! And is goldfinch right?"

The students next to him lean closer whispering, "let me tell you why this goldfinch is so cool. For example-" he see Lan Wangji looking at the two of them, so he turn his attention back to the front.

Wei Wuxian who see this turn to his left, he see Lan Wangji looking at them. He waved his hand toward Lan Wangji, he turn back to pay attention to the front. 'This inflexible guy can really hold a grudge.'

When that Lan disciple finish with the rule and all, he call up the clan heir to bring up their gift for Lan Qiren. First it was Jin Zixuan, heir of the LanLing Jin, then come Nie Huaisang, heir of the Qinghe Nie clan, last is Jiang Wanyin heir of the Yunmeng Jiang clan.

Just as Jiang Wanyin is about to present his gift a voice from outside said, "all my life, only today did I learn how easy it is to get inside the gate of Gusu Lan clan." Everyone is shock to see the Wen clan here. Usually they don't accept Gusu Lan clan invitation to attend their guest lecture. Jiang Wanyin step back behind his seat so that he won't be in Wen Chao way.

"I wasn't were that Wen gongzi arrive at our Lan clan; my apologies. It has been near,y a year now, the Wen clan never participate in our guest lecture, what bring the Wen clan here to our Clan?" Lan Xichen asked.

"You are wrong about that Sect leader Lan. I am not here to study. I am bring someone here to study. Beside, the Wen clan is the one to educate all of the living being I. This world. So why would we need to come here to listen to your lecture."

Lan Wangji want to tell Wen Chao to take back what he just said, he look up to see his brother who move his head side to side. This let Lan Wangji know that he shouldn't talk to Wen Chao. So he walk back into his place, he follow his brother order.