Chapter 5

After being punished by Lan Qiren, Lan Wangji to the cold spring to meditate. Wei Wuxian on the other hand, Lan Xichen gave him permission to go to the cold spring to get his injury heal. When he got there he see Lan Wangji, "Lan Zhan!"

Seeing that Wei Wuxian is coming his way, he went to put on his clothes. Wei Wuxian finally got do to the spring, "Lan Zhan, why didn't you tell me about this place?" He leaned against the bamboo tree.

"Who let you come in here?" Lan Wangji asked.

"Zewu Jun."

'Xiong zhang, this place is only for the Lan clan.' Lan Wangji watch as Wei Wuxian take off his shoe and then got into the cold spring. "Cold! Cold! Cold! Cold!" Wei Wuxian walk over to Lan Wangji side who step away from Wei Wuxian.

"Stop moving around."

"I can't, if I don't move around I will freeze to death," Wei Wuxian walk closer to Lan Wangji, only to have him scoot a little bit away from Wei Wuxian. "Hey Lan Zhan. You really are something you know that. Fine fine fine, you are such an old fashioned, fastidious, dreary, and even a bit boring. At first you really got on my nerves, but when we fought a couple of time and we end up getting a tie. Among everyone that I know, I want to be friend with you."

"No need." Was Lan Wangji answer.

"Don't be like that Lan Zhan, let me tell you. There is a lot benefit to being my friend," Wei Wuxian said this while taken off his clothes. Lan Wangji head clothes rustling, he turn around to look at Wei Wuxian, "What are you doing?"

"Taken off my clothes to heal," Wei Wuxian continue to take off his clothes as for Lan Wangji, he begin to walk away from there until, "don't go! Don't go! I won't take off okay?" Wei Wuxian walk over to Lan Wangji.

"Lan Zhan, have you been to Yunmeng before? Yunmeng is a lot of fun. Yunmeng have a lot of different food. How about this? If you come to Lotus pier. I will gather a lot of lotus seedpods And water chestnuts for you."

"I'm not going," is Lan Wangji answer.

Wei Wuxian tell Lan Wangji about how many pretty girl there is in Yunmeng. While talking to Lan Wangji, he felt something behind him. "Lan zhan, do you feel that?" Lan Wangji didn't said anything.

Wei Wuxian turn back around, he see something strange, "Lan zhan!" Wei Wuxian got pull down under the water. When Lan Wangji hear the sound of splashing, he turn around, he didn't see Wei Wuxian anywhere. Lan Wangji grabbed his sword and that is when he got pull down under the water as well.

The two roll down an icy cave beneath the cold spring, the two look around the place. "Lan Zhan, what is this place?" Wei Wuxian wrapped his arm around him, "why is there a secret cave under the cold spring?"

Wei Wuxian keep on talking while Lan Wangji keep walking toward the entrance of the cave, "Lan Zhan, wait for me."

When the two walk up toward the guqin, it sent out a wave. It went through Lan Wangji but attack Wei Wuxian instead. Wei Wuxian went flying back and hit the water. Wei Wuxian got up from the water, "What is this?"

Lan Wangji is thinking  about it, he know what this is, "Chord Assassination?"

"Chord Assassination? You mean the Lan clan ultimate move that got pass down from generations to generations?" The guqin sent out another attack, Wei Wuxian is able to dodge it.

"Why is this thing attacking me? Why only me?"

'This guqin have the Lan clan symbol on it. That is why it didn't attack me, it can sense me because I am an descendants from the Lan clan.' The guqin sent out another wave of attack toward Wei Wuxian. Lan Wangji sent Bichen in front of Wei Wuxian from getting hit. Lan Wangji make the attack disappear.

When Wei Wuxian removed his arm from his face he see rabbit with the Lan forehead symbol. 'Why is there a Lan clan symbol on the rabbit forehead? It said that the Lan clan wore their forehead ribbon when they were young.' Forehead ribbon recognize owners and are magical.' "Magic. Forehead ribbon."

Wei Wuxian figure it out, "Lan Zhan! Forehead ribbon! Give me your forehead ribbon!"

This surprise and shock Lan Wangji, 'What?! Is this idiot even know what it mean?'

"Hurry!" Lan Wangji flew over to Wei Wuxian. Lan Wangji take off his forehead ribbon, he tie it around his wrist and then around Wei Wuxian wrist. 'I can't believe that I am taken Wei Wuxian as my cultivator partner.'

When Lan Wangji tie his forehead ribbon around Wei Wuxian wrist, Wei Wuxian suddenly felt something. He suddenly grab onto Lan Wangji arm, "Lan Zhan!"

The two turn around to see themselves, "Lan Zhan, what is going on here? Why there is another us?"

"I don't know. Let's watch," Wei Wuxian hand is still on Lan Wangji arm. 'Something is happening,' the two walk toward themselves. They see Lan Wangji playing on the Guqin, then he stop. The guqin answered him back.

Future event
"Is her."

"Is who?" Suddenly the two hear:

"Qishan Wen sect"

"Gusu Lan sect"

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian watch as their self run to the front, "Lan Zhan, what is going on?" Lan Wangji padded Wei Wuxian hand, "Wei Ying, is okay. Let's keep watching."

"Yunmeng Jiang sect"

"LanLing Jin sect"

"Qinghe Nie sect"

"Kill the holy mountain! Destroy the Yin iron!" The noise repeat itself over and over again.

"Lan Zhan, what is that noise?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"I don't know. Be careful."

"Xue Chonghai, give up the Yin Iron!"

"It sounds like the five great sects are attacking some other clan. What is Yin iron?"

"I never heard of it." The two put away their sword. Then a voice from behind them said, "Yin Iron is a curse. It is best to not talk about it." The two turn around to see a women walking out while holding a rabbit in her arm.

"Ancestors Lan Yi."