Chapter 9

"Do you think they will believe us?" Wei Wuxian asked while waiting for the maid to come back. "If they don't believe us, we will make them to believe us. If not, then it will be too late for their clan."

"That's true, we did saw what happen to their clan after all. They got kill by Xue Yang. I still don't understand why Xue Yang kill everyone in the Chang Clan, did they know each other or something?"

Before Lan Wangji can answer Wei Wuxian question, the maid came back, "My master want me to invite you two to come in." She hold the door open for Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji to step in.

"Please follow me," the maid lead the two into the main big room of the Chang clan house hold. When they arrive the two see the leader of the Chang clan is waiting for them.

"Gongzi, welcome to the Chang Clan. Please have a seat," Lan Wangji sit down on the first chair, Wei Wuxian take the second one next to him. "May I know what your name is and which clan do you come from?" The Chang clan leader asked the two.

"I am Lan Wangji from the Lan clan." Lan Wangji greeted the Chang clan leader.

"I am Wei Wuxian from the Jiang clan," Wei Wuxian greeted the Chang clan leader as well.

"Lan gongzi, Wei gongzi, my maid said that someone want to slaughter my whole clan?" The  Chang clan leader asked the two.

"Yes, it is true Sect leader Chang," Wei Wuxian answered for Lan Wangji. "Sect leader Chang, do you know a cultivator name Xue Yang?" Lan Wangji asked the Chang clan leader.

"Xue Yang, no not really. This Xue Yang, is he the one who will kill my whole clan?" Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji nodded their head. "How will we prevent this from happening?" Sect leader Chang asked the two.

"Sect leader Chang, do you have any secret room or a place where all of your clan can hide in?" Lan Wangji asked this question, hoping that they will have one. "We do!"

'If we are correct Xue Yang should attack them tonight,' "then you should tell all of your maid and servant and family to head toward that place now. Bring food, water, and blanket with you. We don't know when he will arrive, so just make sure, take everything you need."

Everyone in the Chang clan follow their head of the house order. They all ran here and there getting everything they need to go into hiding. One by one the mansion is about to become a place where no one is living in.

"Lan Zhan, is everyone gone?" Lan Wangji nodded his head. "Then let's wait for Xie Yang to come." The two hide inside of the main room, they wait for Xue Yang to arrive. About an hour or so later Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian hear the front door open up.

The two looked at each other, they gave one another a nod. "Where did they all go?!" Come an angry voice from outside of the main room. "You all better come out or I will burn down your house!"

Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji sent their sword out, the person outside is fighting Suibian and Bichen. And then they flew out from inside the room, they grab their sword and begin to fight Xue Yang.

"Not tonight Xue Yang!" Wei Wuxian fight from one side while Lan Wangji is on the other side. Xue Yang is stuck in the middle between the two of them.

The fighting went on and on, Xue Yang is getting tire. As for Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji there is no swear on them at all.

When Xue Yang is about to escape two sword from above drove him back down to the ground. Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji look up to see Song Lan and Xiao Xingchen landing next to them.

"Xue Yang, you can't escape this time!" All four launch toward Xue Yang who can't escape the four blade.

In the end Xue Yang got defeated by Song Lan, Xiao Xingchen, Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji. Xiao Xingchen ties Xue Yang beat up body. "Thank you!" Xiao Xingchen gave a bow to Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian.

"No need to say thank you ummm..." 'even though we already know who Xue Yang and Xiao Xingchen. Who is this person in black?"

"Ah, my name is Xiao Xingchen. My master is Baoshan Sanren." Wei Wuxian eye went wide, 'Niang mother. Then this make him my ShiShu.'

"My name is Song Lan. I come from Baixue Temple."

"Song Lan known as distant snow and cold frost. Xiao Xingchen known as bright moon and gentle breeze. You two are the most famous among the cultivation world."

"We don't consider famous, as a cultivator we just want to go around and exorcise the evil." Wei Wuxian keep on looking at Xiao Xingchen, who can see this as well.

"What will we do with Xue Yang?" Lan Wangji asked.

"We can't leave him here at the Chang clan. He will escape and kill them all." Wei Wuxian look around the Chang clan.

"Xingchen, I know that you don't want to take live but Xue Yang can't stay alive in this world. If he somehow be able to escape, he will come after me and you." 'Your my best friend. I don't want anything to happen to you.' Song Lan thought to himself.

"You can't take his life either, remember?" Song Lan nodded his head. Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian looked at each other then back to the two cultivator in black and white.

"How about let's us do it?" Xiao Xingchen agree. So they take Xue Yang out into the forest away from the town people. There in the wood, Lan Wangji slashed Xue Yang throat, blood come rushing out from his throat and mouth. With one last breath, Xue Yang die.

They burned his body so no one can bring him back to live or save him. Once it is all gone they clean up the place and now Wei Wuxian got a chance to talk to Xiao Xingchen.

"Xiao Xingchen....are you somehow related to my mother?" Wei Wuxian asked.

"Who is your mother?"

"Cangse Sanren."