Chapter 4

Wei Wuxian got punished by Lan Qiren for saying the most outrageous thing ever. He is now in the library writing down all 3 thousand rule of the Lan clan down on paper. He is been monitor by none other than Lan Wangji.
(Let's have a flashback to see why)

Flashback

Everyone is in awe of how Wei Wuxian answered all of Lan Qiren questions perfectly. They hope that Wei Wuxian won't get stumped by any of Lan Qiren question.

Then Lan Qiren ask Wei Wuxian a very difficult question, a question about a executioner who have a wife, and children. He kill more then one hundred people. He died in public and his body got left on the street for seven days. His energy become resentment energy and therefore he begin to haunt and kill those around him. Lan Qiren ask what will Wei Wuxian do.

Wei Wuxian doesn't know how to answer this question. The students begin to look through their book, "don't open your book! Think about this by yourself!" The students stop looking through their book.

Seeing that Wei Wuxian couldn't answer Lan Qiren question he turn his attention to his nephew, "Wangji, can you tell him what should be done."

Lan Wangji explain each step and what to do with it. 'This old man, he want us to see how good his nephew is that is why he is here. What a show off.' Wei Wuxian ask Lan Qiren a question, he said, "Although 'liberation' come first, it is often impossible. 'To grant his dying wish' sound simple— it would be easy, I'd the wish was a new pieace of clothing but what if the wish was to kill lots of people for revenge?"

Lan Wangji end up answering Wei Wuxian question instead. "Such a waste. Is not like I don't know the answer to your question Master Lan but I was thinking about the fourth path."

Lan Qiren is curious at why Wei Wuxian said there is a fourth path, "What will that fourth path be?"

"Since the executioner died in a horrible way, it is only natural for him to turn into a ferocious corpse. When he was alive he have executed more than one hundred people, why not dig up the graves of these people, arouse their energy of resentment, collect the heads of those hundred people and use them to fight with the ferocious corpse."

Hearing Wei Wuxian said this both Lan Wangji and Lan Qiren couldn't believe Wei Wuxian could said something like using resentment energy to fight ferocious corpse. This is one thing the people of the cultivation people would never dare to walk.

Wei Wuxian end up arguing back to Lan Qiren about using liberation is useless against the dead. Lan Qiren threw a book at Wei Wuxian for what he just said, "When Yu the great tamed the flood, obstruction was the inferior method and redirection was superior. Suppression is the same as obstruction so isn't it inferior."

Wei Wuxian dodged the book that Lan Qiren threw at him, he continued to talk nonsense, "Spiritual energy is energy, resentful energy is energy as well. Spiritual is stored in the dantian. It can split mountain and fill oceans, available for human use. If so, then why can't resentful energy also be used by human?"

Lan Qiren threw another book at Wei Wuxian, he dodge it again, "then let me ask you this? How will you make sure that the resentful energy only listen to you and does not harm other?"

"I haven't thought of it yet!"

Lan Qiren is in rage, "if you thought of it, the cultivation world would not allow your existence! Get out!"

Without saying anything Wei Wuxian left from there very quickly.

End flashback

That is how Wei Wuxian end up here in the library right now. Lan Wangji is in the same room with him. He is there to keep an eye on Wei Wuxian, to make sure that he is copying the Lan clan rule.

While sitting behind the desk writing the rule, Wei Wuxian gave Lan Wangji a nasty look even though Lan Wangji is also rewriting his clan rule.

The first day it didn't bother Wei Wuxian, the second day he got tire of writing so he got up from his seat, he walk over to where Lan Wangji is sitting. "Wangji xiong." Lan Wangji remained motionless.

"Wangji." Lan Wangji pretended that he didn't hear Wei Wuxian calling his name.

"Lan Wangji," nothing.

"Lan Zhan!"

Hearing Wei Wuxian calling his birth name, he stop writing and look up at Wei Wuxian. Wei Wuxian took a step back ward, "Hey! Don't look at me like that. I only call your name because you didn't answer me. If you are upset, you can also call me by my name."

Wei Wuxian have on a mischievous smile, he couldn't help but want to tease and annoy the second young master Lan Wangji.

"It wasn't my fault since you didn't let me go that night. You end up having to fight with me. So it was your too." 'If I get my hand on Tianzi Xiao again, I will take it to my room to drink it.'

Lan Wangji ignore him away, "hey! Lan er gongzi are you even listen to me." 'How boring can the Lan get? All they understand is rule this and rule that, don't they have anything else beside that.'

Wei Wuxian is getting bore of Lan Wangji, "since your not going to talk then I will leave," Wei Wuxian got up and left from there.

Wei Wuxian decide to got look for Jiang Chang and Nie Huiasang since they are much more fun then Lan Wangji.

For the next few days or so, there wasn't any class since Lan Qiren left cloud Recesses to head to Qinghe Nie clan for a discussion conference.

This let the student do whatever they want since it is there free time after all.