pretending it doesn't hurt

Beck narrowed his eyes at Jade, he noticed she looked so calm as if she had nothing on her mind, Beck tilted his head and continued to observe Jade's features" She looks so different today... A good difference, a difference that I'm not used to seeing" As Beck kept his eyes on her, he didn't notice the smile on his lips, "Achoo!"  his thought was cut off by Jade's sneezy, she wrinkled her nose and rubbed the tip of her nose and did a small sniffed. Beck swiftly fixed his posture and decided to just leave before she could see her, he turned to walk away but he accidentally crashed into some old props making a loud noise, Jade instantly stood up and shifted her gaze at him, Her whole demeanor suddenly changes and the calmness on her face disappeared faster than he expected. "Beck!?... What the heck are you doing here?!" She said while lifting her brow " Sorry... I was just looking for a place to be alone but I guess this place is already taken, I'll just leave you be" Beck started to step back and head to the door when Jade shouted at him " Hey! " Beck turned to face her " Why here?" Jade question him as she crossed her arm, Beck felt baffled about her question " Huh?"  he asked, Jade, rolled her eyes at him and sided her arms as she walked toward him " Why here? you could have gone any place you wanted but you headed here, I wanna know why you decided to go here?" she asks with a stern face, Beck diverted his eyes on the rooftop and shrugged " I don't know...I just wanted to think and this was the first place that came into my mind" Jade expected to hear a different answer, but she just nodded her head listlessly "Oh..." She folded back her arms in front of her chest and shifted her eyes to the side."You could stay here...* Beck was a bit shocked at what she said* I'm leaving anyways" Jade turned her heels and started to head to the door, Beck noticed the expression on her face and wondered if he said something that could piss her off, he followed her by his eyes as she left, before sitting down at the bench, He took a deep breath of the fresh air and Looks at the Hollywood sign, As he tried to clear his head Jade's face keeps popping up interrupting his thoughts "Urgh! why do I keep thinking about her?! They kiss so what?! Am I supposed to be affected by it?!? Urgh! Beck get yourself together..."He brushed his fingers through his hair " So she kissed him, that's good she's already moved on, that's the whole point of breaking up with her... so she could forget all the pain I cause her... Right?" He took a deep breath before leaning back in his seat. "Except that's not my only reason... Urgh!" he rubbed his face and look at the door " I don't even remember you and yet I'm pissed off about that kiss, am I getting jealous? Do I possibly have a crush on Jade "

Meanwhile, on the other side of the door, Jade stopped and facepalm herself "god! Jade what are you thinking?! He doesn't remember you, okay? He didn't come up here because this is the first place you two go after waking up, he's just here to think, stop assuming he wants you back!" she sat at the step of the stairs and took a grip on her hair " Urgh! this is all Moose's fault! I was going fine yesterday until he started to talk, now I can stop thinking about Beck, what if he thinks that I'm dating his best friend, he'll think I'm a slut now! Urgh! why just can't I move on from him, That will be much easier than pretending I don't care about him.."

Flashback:

"Alright talk!" Jade turned to face Moose, Moose lets out a sigh before shifting his whole body to face Jade. "Do you wanna go out with me?" He lets it out quickly " What?! No!" Jade moved the clutch into drive but Moose returned it to park " not like a real date, I just wanna get even with Beck for hiding my ex from me, I just want him to feel what I felt after I found out Zoe's here the whole time" Jade's face softens as she heard Moose's reason but quickly return to stern face " I can't help you with that, I'm not apart of your childish fight with beck so don't get me involved in any of your plans... beside even if I wanted to help you which I don't, it won't work."  Moose looks at her with pleading eyes " You don't know that, For all we know Beck still has--" Jade Jade cuts him off  " No! he doesn't, Your stupid plan won't work because no one can be in love with someone they don't remember..." she says remembering her exact words in her coma dream "If Zoe came here to hide from you then that's her choice and fault not Beck's so don't blame him for your ex doing, if you want to hurt someone then hurt her, stop bring someone else in your relationship, it's not ours to deal with it' yours!" Moose was a bit stunned about Jade's forwardness, but he still manages to say something "I'm- I'm sorry, Jade, I just don't know what to do... I thought if I could get you to date me, She'll be jealous at the same time I'll get back at Beck I didn't mean to drag you with my problem... God, I'm so pathetic, Urgh!"  He places both of his hands on his face and leans back from the passenger's seat, Jade looks at him with a guilty feeling as lash out at him even if she exactly knows how hard this is for him, Jade sighs and places her hand over his" Look...if you're sure that this Zoe chick still has feelings for you and you still want her then do the same thing she's doing to you." Moose looks at her with a puzzled face " ignore her dummy, nothing can piss an ex-girlfriend off more than showing her you don't care about her, play it like you found someone else and that she has no more control over you* Moose tried to interfere but Jade didn't let him talk*  And No. You don't need me for that... Just tell her you're not going to bother her anymore and that you're going back to whatever place you came from, trust me that's enough for a girl to overthink the situation." Jade smirks at him making Moose smile a little" Thanks, Jade..." Jade nodded at him "No prob, now c'mon I still need to rehearse my part in Andre's song" she said while turning the engine on but as she was shifting the clutch Moose suddenly said something that made her drop her smirk "So that's what you been doing to Beck" Moose said with a teasing tone, Jade steps again on the break making them tug on their seatbelt " Oupe! What?!?" She snapped at him, Moose couldn't help but burst out laughing at her reaction "No! No,  you got it all wrong I'm not trying to do anything to Beck, I don't even notice him anymore in fact I could careless about him you'll see I'm not even going to look at him at the restaurant " Moose tried to suppress his grin but Jade could still see his wide smile " But you're still going to talk to him right?" Moose playfully asks Jade "No! That defeats the not-noticing him, so whatever you're trying to imply here is stupid cause jokes on you, I don't even want to be near him so HA!" Moose played along as he nodded at her " I see so what you're trying to say is that you don't care about Beck * Jade proudly agreed* and that he has no effect on you what so ever? *Once again Jade agreed* that's why you're not going to talk or look at him, you're just going to completely ignore him the whole tonight * Jade said yes with a wide grin* because you love him right?"* Jade almost said yes but quickly changed her answer and hit Moose by his arms* "You trick me!" Moose simply shrugged but kept his smug face " I was just asking, you were the one who answered here..." Jade rolled her eyes at him and lets out a frustrated sound " Hey I won't judge you, it's hard to let go of someone you loved for a very long time" Jade slowly shifted her eyes at Moose and looks at him with an uncertain look " Besides it's clear you still care for him even if you won't admit it" he pointed at the picture of them together sticking out of the sun visor of her car.