Apology ~16

Monty's POV

Once Y/N left I heard her crying. It hurt me to push her away, I loved her and I would protect her whatever the cost. Even if that meant I couldn't be with her. I rubbed the bridge of my snout, thinking. Avoiding her would be difficult, but her safety was too important, my friend's safety was too important.

I can't be near them.

Your POV

For the first time in a long time, you were going home alone. You drove home, still upset. You wanted to talk to someone. But you couldn't bring yourself to call your brother. You've always told Alex everything. You also wanted to talk to your parents about this, but what would you tell them? 'Hey mom and dad, my robot boyfriend I never told you about just dumped me and doesn't want to be near me! Can you help me?" Wouldn't go well for anyone.

The only person you wanted to talk to was Monty. You missed his easygoing attitude, his funny jokes, his goofy grin, the flirty comments, and his handsome smile-everything. But all that was gone because he hurt you. He was pushing you away to 'protect' you, which felt awful.

His anger issues, according to Roxy and Chica, were coming back. You'd never seen Monty angry before, the worst he'd ever gotten around you was annoyed.
But now that you'd seen him angry...it was scary
to say the least. You wanted to protect him from himself, from his anger.

You arrived at the apartment complex and you got out of the car, locking it behind you. You walked inside numbly, lost in your thoughts. You took the elevator and entered your apartment. You showered before walking to your bedroom and collapsed in your bed.

Despite the clean feeling from the shower and your soft pajamas, you couldn't sleep. You felt how empty your bed was without Monty in it. You'd been sleeping with him for so long, that you'd forgotten how to fall asleep on your own.

You felt the aching pain in your chest, you just wanted him here, his arms around you. A tightness in your chest slowly made its way to your throat, all your emotions coming out at once. You silently cried, the dark void of night slowly encasing you.

***

It had been a week since the 'incident', and Monty was still avoiding you at all costs. He only talked to you if it was extremely necessary, and when he did, it was short and dry. Usually a 'yes' or 'no' but sometimes you got lucky with a five worded response. The only time he seemed like 'himself' was with the kids and during performances, but even then he didn't have that same energy he used to. Everyone else saw this too.

Not to mention how he didn't hang around anyone. After performances, he would go straight to his room. He never came out unless necessary. Freddy even tried to get him to hang out with everyone after hours, but he always declined. You always had fun with the gang, but without Monty, it wasn't quite the same. Everyone had started to miss their loud and mildly-cocky friend, especially Roxy, even though she wouldn't admit it.

You'd also noticed how quickly he would get angry. That wasn't like him, something was seriously wrong and you need to talk to him about it later. But now you had to focus on your nightly rounds. As you walked, you saw Chica and Roxy. They spotted you and motioned for you to come over. You complied and started walking towards them. "Has anyone seen Monty's personality change?" Roxy asked, worried for her friend.

"Yes, he's been so angry for the past week." You responded, the wolf nodding her head in agreement.
"Monty isolating himself from us hasn't helped him..." Chica added. "I was planning on talking with him later." You said, seeing how this could really be a problem. Roxy winced with a sharp inhale. "I don't know, last time we 'talked' with him, that didn't go over so well." Roxy said.