chapter 44

Giving you a double chapter today since it would cheapen Kushina's arc to make not see this chapter right after the last 43

Days later in Konoha

*We see tsunade was finishing up the paperwork after a whole week of mourning things were starting to get back to normal with the new clan heads taking there places Shizune walked in with another stack of paperwork and for once Tsunade didn't mind kept her mind distracted for what was happening today in the capital*

Shizune:alright these are the nara and inuzuka clan's paperwork

Tsunade:thank you did you go to the capital?

Shizune:this morning

Tsunade: how's Naruto taking it?

*Shizune sighed and played with her hair thinking of her boyfriend*

Shizune:as well as anyone could under the circumstances

*Tsunade nodded and started with the next stack of paperwork when the door knocked*

Tsunade:enter!

*The door opened and in came Sakura her eyes showed she was a woman on a mission*

Tsunade:ah Sakura please sit down it's been more then a year since you last visited me for something other then a mission let me get you a glass of sake

Sakura:this isn't a social call Hokage

*Tsunade sighed she guessed as much and waved Sakura to take a seat she did and looked at Tsunade waiting for her to pay her some attention but that time never came*

Tsunade:well I'm waiting what can I do for you

*Tsunade said signing another form from the new clan heads*

Sakura:aren't you gonna look at me

Tsunade:i can do two things now hurry up before I replace you for my sake

*Sakura frowned and slammed her hand on the table tsunade glanced her then went back to her paperwork*

Tsunade:are you done throwing a fit?

Sakura:fine i want to know why you Naruto the role of the next slug summoner?!

Tsunade:because I'm pushing 50 and i don't plan to be like hiruzen and do this till I'm old and gray i have retirement plans and being Hokage or responsible for the slugs are not on the list it was time for me to decide my successor and i choose Naruto you don't see Shizune complaining

Shizune:to be fair Tsunade i am more mature then Haruno here

*Shizune said putting down another stack of paperwork before walking away*

Sakura:but why Naruto he's just...!!

Tsunade:the jinjuriki,the 4th son, one of the last Uzumaki, strong enough to beat Kakashi one of the strongest Shinobi we have, takes the missions i give him seriously and doesn't spend his time flirting with people like someone i know

*Tsunade glared at Sakura making her blush I'm embarrassment*

Tsunade:yeah i read the. Report why do you think you, Kiba and choji are stuck with D missions for the foreseeable future?

Sakura:but sensei i was you student before him!

Tsunade:and Shizune before you, your point?

*Sakura remained quiet and Tsunade continued with her paperwork*

Tsunade:unlike you Sakura Naruto has proven his resolve, his maturity, he's a changed man no longer the deadlast but if i had to bet i would put all the Senju money on Naruto winning on another tournament against the rest of you and the rookie 12 or well rookie 10 now and i assure you that's a bet i know i would win now do me a favor and get out of my office before i send you to the cells with your mother

*Sakura flinched she felt so many emotions and she could only scream in frustration before slamming the door Tsunade sighed taking a swing of her sake*

Tsunade: hopefully Naruto is having a good time with his mother..

Meanwhile in the capital

*Naruto was waiting outside his mother door as his aunty came out with a few tears still in her eyes as she cleaned them they looked at each other and hugged each other before letting go*

Akira:your the only one left..

*Naruto nodded took a deep breath and walked inside sitting on her bed there was his mother her time was almost completely up she looked like a 90 year old woman she looked at him and gave him a slow smile and patted the bed for him to join her Naruto did and layed down in front of her resting his head on her stomach as he wrapped his arms around her waist*

Naruto:when i wake up tomorrow... you'll be gone won't you...

*Kushina didn't say anything just kissed her son temple as she kept brushing his hair with her hand*

Kushina: wandering child of the earth do you know just how much your worth ?

*Kushina old trembling fingers played with Naruto's hair*

Kushina:you have walked this path since your birth you were destined for more

*Naruto closed his eyes and hold his mother skinny frame tighter*

Kushina: there are does who'll tell you you're wrong they will try to silence your song

*Tears finally started to fall from Kushina's face she didn't want to leave her son but had no choice*

Kushina:but right here is where you belong so song search anymore..

*Kushina used what little jutsu she had for a genjutsu as Naruto eyes were closed he could see his life with his mother*

Kushina:you are the dawn of the new day that's waking a masterpiece still in the making the blue in an ocean of grey you are right where you need to be poised to inspire and to succeed you'll look back and you'll realize one day..

*As Kushina kept singing her voice got softer and softer after every lyric, Naruto sniffled a bit as a few tears escaped his closed eyes but for that moment in time that singular bubble he wasn't Naruto Uzumaki he wasn't the last Shinobi Uzumaki he didn't have the weight of the world on his shoulder he was just a kid a kid spending time with his mother for that fleeting moment Naruto could finally feel actual childlike happiness even if it was bittersweet*

To be continued or on Patreon

Special thanks to:

Ben knight

Fateee

Ricardo Cano

Jacob Mooe

Abdalali

Sarudark

nT_wolf 0

Nuker2025

Ayham Alqaissi

Isaiah

José Ruiz Dé Austri

George Alves

Abhinav Puri

Thai Nguyen

Trevor Ferguson

Ty Kennedy

Randomblackman

For you're donations thanks again