Years Earlier...

"I need you to promise me something okay?" My mother said looking at me with tears in her eyes.

"Promise me that you'll be good when you're with grandma."

"I promise.." I said in a low tone , my mother gave me a hug and kissed my forehead. She knocked on my grandmothers apartment door and walked fast down the hallway wiping her face.

"Bye mommy..."

My grandma opened the door and looked down at me with a cigarette in her mouth. "Kaycee where's your mother?" She asked me.

I looked down at my unicorn slippers and I was fidgeting with my fingers. My grandma picked me up and took me inside her apartment.

She took out some ham and greens out the fridge, she put them on a plate and put it in the microwave. I sat at the kitchen table looking at a picture my grandma had on the refrigerator of my mother and I.

I began to tear up and I looked over at my grandma and watched her take the food out the microwave. She grabbed went in the fridge and grabbed some Hawaiian Punch. She poured it in a cup and sat the food and drink in front of me.

"Eat Kaycee." She said. I was poking my ham with the metal fork. All I kept thinking about was what my mother told me earlier and if she would come back for me or not.

"When's the last time you ate Kaycee?" My grandma asked me and releasing the smoke out of her mouth from the cigarette.

I shrugged and ate a small piece of ham.

After I finished eating I went in the spare bedroom and laid down. I turned on my right side and stared out the window. All I could think about was my mom.

...

"Kaycee I'll be back in an hour, you behave now." Grandma said leaving out the door. I sat on the couch and watched television. I felt my stomach growl and I got up and went into the kitchen.

I looked in the pantry and saw a jar of Reesee's , I grabbed a chair and stood on top of it and opened up the lid. I stuck my hand inside the jar and grabbed 4 reesee's.

I jumped down from the chair and turned around.

I felt a hard smack go across my face causing me to fall on the floor and cry.

"Don't touch shit in here without permission , you hear me?" My grandma's boyfriend said.

He was tall and buff with huge muscles and a small head. He was dark skin with low cut grey hair.

He walked away and I put my head in my knees and continued crying silently.

"I want my mommy..."