25

Ty'Quan's POV-

"When I see youuuuuu , When I see youuuu" I sung as I was putting on my shoes and heading out the door

I went to my mom's house to go see what she was up too. We haven't spoken in almost a week and we usually talk on the phone every other day. But since I've been moving around a lot and shit I haven't been making time for my family and that's not what I want.

I've been working at the trap every single night and I sleep all day for real. I hardly be getting to see Kay because she be going to nursing school and be gone by the time I wake up and when I get home she be sleep. She always cooks and makes sure I eat when I come in it be food ready for me in the kitchen.

I walked in the house smelling food "damn it smell so good in here shit" I said shutting the door behind me.

"Tyyy baby!" My mom said. "I'm in the kitchen" She said and I went in the kitchen and saw her with an apron on.

"Hey ma it smell good whatchu cooking?" I asked her and sat down on the bar stool.

"Just some soul food or whatever , I be wanting to cook a lot but then I be forgetting that you and Ta'Nae don't live with me anymore so I just make little stuff for myself. She said.

"You know you can always call me and I'll come get a plate for me and Kay. You know Nae would want a plate too we'd never get tired of yo cooking." I said turning on the seat that turned side to side.

"Okay I guess I'll be cooking every Sunday, I think imma start selling meals again I missed doing that. Since I've been retired from working at the dentistry center I hardly get paid as much as I used too." She said.

"Now you know if you need some money you can just say something" I said going in my pocket.

"What would a mother look like taking money from her son?" She asked and I looked at her in confusion.

"Ain't nuffin wrong wit a nigga taking care of his mama and making sure you straight , you always did the same for me so why not return the favor" I said getting up.

"I guess Ty , Where's Kay at?" She asked turning on the sink and washing out the pots.

"She at school , I hardly be seeing her cause i be out." I said. "Here take this" I said giving her money.

"Now you know I can't.." she said looking at it in my hand.

"You can't do what? Oh okay just take it." I said and she scrunched her face up at me and took the money.