20

Kaycee

"I was riding past the bodega earlier and they were having a candle light vigil for Jonathan, that's so sad that happened to him

"I was riding past the bodega earlier and they were having a candle light vigil for Jonathan, that's so sad that happened to him." My grandma said sitting on the living room couch across from me.

"Yeah it is.." I said.

"I remember he used to pick you up and drop you off everyday." She said.

"Me too.." I said.

"Why did you guys stop talking?" She asked.

"He just started to make me feel very uncomfortable and Jas and I noticed he started to change." I told her.

"Awh.. well I pray his mother heals from this. I know losing a child is hard." She said shaking her head.

"Maybleeeee!" Ron yelled coming upstairs waddling in the kitchen.

"What Ron?" She asked watching as he waddled to the kitchen counter and held on to it.

"Make me some chicken and waffles with some macaroni and ham." He said and I looked at him in disgust.

"All of that together sounds nasty , go buy some." She said fanning him off.

"Kay you ain't doing shit go make it for me" he said looking up at me with his eyes red.

"Mm mmh get somebody else to do it." I said fanning him off.

"I hate the fucking women in this house y'all don't do shit but sit around." He said stumbling to the refrigerator.

"And what do you do? Other than drink all day and lay around complaining about how hungry you are." My grandad said.

"Ooooh" I said putting a fork with a cherry on it in my mouth and looking away.

"Ms bald headed because I have cancer shut yo mark ass up" Ron said slamming the refrigerator and opening his beer.

"Bitch you be needing this ms bald headed because I got cancer to do shit for you, you can't even bathe on your own." She said and I laughed and choked on my cherry.

"I cannot breatheeeee" I said gasping for air and laughing.

"Actually , get the fuck out." She said and Ron looked at her and laughed.

"You know you don't mean that." He said drinking the beer.

"I don't say nothing I don't mean. I mean everything that I say. All you do is disrespect me and my grand baby , You don't have a job and all you do is eat up everything and drink and sleep." She said.

"About time you kicked him out." I said.

"You know what fuck it i been wanting to leave." Ron said going downstairs to the basement.

"Yo ass got thirty minutes or I'm calling the police!" My grandma said.

Ron finally left and I was helping my grandma clean up the living room. Ron was very dirty and junky , He always made the house smell.