37

Kay

"Nah cause you got me fucked up

"Nah cause you got me fucked up." I said eyeing Ty

"Bro chill allat shit out girl I said I was sorry" He said.

"Nope shut up" I said turning over and rolling my eyes.

"You know what" he said and he pulled my wig off and I punched him.

"I'm bout to kick yo fucking ass!!" I said mugging up and I punched him in his chest multiple times.

"Okay okay okay I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm done playing" he said.

"Why would you do that?" I asked him.

"Cause you look cute without the wig , I like the cleo from set it off braids" he said.

"Girl you know you wanna laugh" he said and I rolled my eyes and smiled causing him to laugh.

"You so irritating" I said.

"Here" he said putting the wig back on my head and running his fingers through it trying to fix it.

"We gotta go to this cook out tomorrow" he said laying back down and I laid on his chest and he put his arm around me

"Okay that's fine" I said.

"Ion really wanna go for real but my mama begged me to go so imma just do it for her" He said.

"Why don't you wanna go?" I asked him.

"My cousins from outta town going." He said.

"Outta town from where?" I asked him.

"Tennessee" he told me.

"Oh I never been to Tennessee" I told him.

"I used to go a lot when I was kid , every summer. My mama used to make me and Nae go but I hated it." He said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Cause I was the youngest boy there and my cousins would pick on me and force me to do shit I don't wanna do." He said.

"I mean y'all were kids , why still be mad about that?" I asked him looking confused as I sucked my thumb.

"Ion even wanna talk about it for real. But it start at 4 and Kobe , Jas , Sean , and Laysia gone be dere too." He said.

The next day...

We pulled up to Ty's Auntie's house and it was a bunch of cars parked In the front. We got out the car and I was able to smell barbecue.

"That smells soo good" I said shutting the car door and Ty came around to me.

He held my hand and we walked in the house. I heard laughter from what it sounded to be older ladies. It was kids running around playing and we walked through the house.