8

8 months later..
Kaycee Taylor Armstrong

I was at my house helping my grandma make dinner , We were having salmon , asparagus, and cheese broccoli

I was at my house helping my grandma make dinner , We were having salmon , asparagus, and cheese broccoli. This has always been my favorite meal since I was a kid. I've have my grandma make this for me atleast once a week, She asks me why don't I ever get tired from eating it and I honestly don't be knowing what to tell her because I never get tired of eating of eating it.

"The asparagus should be done in Ten , let's go sit." My grandma said going to sit at the table and I followed her.

"The house seems so quiet with Ron gone , and it's more clean and it doesn't smell." I said.

"Be nice Kay" my grandma said and I mugged her.

"He stinks grandma and you know he does." I said.

"Well." She said.

"Exactly." I said causing her to laugh.

"Girl you better stop! Ron just needs , I don't know real love maybe?" She said.

"Nah what he needs is to get the fuck outta here." I said and my grandma furrowed her eyebrows and looked at me.

"Why won't you just leave him already?" I asked her and she looked down at her fingers.

She began to start breathing hard causing me to grab her shoulder.

"Grandma are you okay?!" I asked her and she held her chest.

I ran upstairs to her room and looked for her purse quickly. I found her purse sitting on the dresser and I went through it finding her inhaler. I ran downstairs and squatted down next to her holding it up to her mouth and pressing it.

She inhaled it and tooth a deep breath.

"Let me get you some water." I said going to the refrigerator and grabbing a bottle of water.

I went back over to her and opened it giving it to her.

"You need to start keeping that inhaler close to you grandma , what were you going to do if I wasn't here?" I asked her.

"I know baby I know , This asthma and cancer and really trying to get the best of me." She said and I looked down.

"You can't let it tho grandma , I need you here." I said.

"I'm going to be here as long as god wants me here baby." She said and my eyes began to water.

"Stop talking like that." I said.

The stove beeped and I went to get the salmon. I brought it over to the table and sat it down.

"What all do you want on your plate Grandma ?" I asked her.

"Everything." She said drinking her water.

I made her plate and sat it in front of her and I made mine as well. We began to say a prayer then we started to eat.