Chapter 1

"Miss Lee, you only have 6 months left. The tumor in your brain has slightly gotten big and it'll get bigger time by time. You'll need to do a surgery to expand the time to a year and half, or else you'll die soon." The doctor explains, holding my report in his hands.

I hate coming here.
In the last two weeks this is my second visit here, i already knew the news were bad.

"Shall I proceed with the papers of surgery authorization?" He asks, making me snap out of my thoughts.

Surgery? Why would I need surgery even though one day I'm going to die?
"No." I say.

The doctor raises his eyebrows, looking surprised.
"What? What's the matter miss Lee?" He asks.

I keep my mouth shut and stare at him blankly.

"Is it the money?" He asks further.
Can he just stop speaking?

"No. You asked my will, my answer is no." I say in a calm tone, trying to control my patience with this old man.

"You still need this! You must do this surgery so you can live longer!" He exclaims, moving his hands in gestures.

I bang my hand on the desk out of control, making him flinch back.
"I told you already. I'm fine with 6 months." I say shortly, glaring at him.
It was already enough for me to try not to curse at him, he shouldn't be asking further.

"Okay okay. Fine, i-i understand." He says, gesturing me to calm down and adjusts his glasses.

He types down on the computer the record of this appointment and write down a medicine.
"Here's the prescription for the medicine. Take it two times a day to reduce the headaches and nausea. Have a good day miss Lee." He explains and gives me the prescription paper.

I take it silently and put it inside my purse, then get up and leave.
"What a sociopath." I hear the doctor mutter behind me when I exit the room.

I sigh heavily once i close the door behind me. I was heading out of the hospital when my phone started ringing.
I take it out of my purse and see it was him. What a great timing.
"Hello?" I answer the phone.

"How's my cute sister doing?" I hear Felix's enthusiastic voice speaking.
"Don't ask." I murmur.

"What's this sound of beeping? Are you at the hospital?" He asks, making me freeze on my spot.

"Uh, yeah. I just came here to check on a friend, she's sick." I lie, he mustn't know the reason why I'm here.

"Pfft, friend? Felicity you don't have friends." He says and i facepalm myself idiotically.
That was a bad lie.

"Yah, i have a friend now. Can't i have friends? I'm 22." I argue, i need to make him believe i really have a friend now.

"Hmm, fine. You better not be lying to me." He says and i form my lips in a line.

"Can I call you later? I'm busy right now." I say, i wasn't in the mood to talk with anyone.
"Alright. See ya." He says and i hang up, sighing to myself.

I feel bad for lying to my own brother, he's the only family i have in my life.
If i told him I had brain tumor, i wonder how he'll think.

Will he be sad because he cares for me or happy that a person like me will finally disappear from this world?

I start the engine of my car and drive back home, i begin to think about what he would be doing right now if i had told him the truth.

The image of him crying alone in his bedroom flashes through my mind, making my chest feel heavy.

Suddenly my head starts pounding loudly and my vision turns dizzy, making it hard for me to look ahead on the road. I tightly grip on the steering wheel and immediately stop the car on the side of the road.

I take deep breaths and i wanted to stop this strong headache, but I didn't know how. I can't drive now, so I guess I'll just have to walk and leave my car here.
I get out of my car and look where i am, thankfully i was near the pharmacy. I cross the big road carefully and go to the other side where the pharmacy.

It was autumn, the season of warm colors like red, brown and orange. Autumn is the time of hugs, warmer smiles and evenings of warm drinks.

I wish my autumns could be like that.

I buy the medicine and immediately take a pill to stop this dizziness, then decide to drink a caramel frappuccino at Starbucks. The dizziness was gone now, but my head was still hurting.
I wave that feeling off and go back to my car and head home, it was 8pm and i had school tomorrow.

Once i arrive home i take off my coat and lay down on the couch; I'm not even hungry, i just want to go to sleep.

But when I was about to drift off to sleep, my phone starts ringing.
I take my phone in my hands and check who it is, it was written "Dohyun".

"Dohyun? Since when I have someone saved with this name?" I ask to myself.
"Hello?" I pick up the phone to find out who it is.

"What is your problem!!" The first thing he does was shouting.
I hiss and pull the phone away from my ear for a moment. That was unexpected.

"Who is this?" I ask, putting my hand on my forehead.

"Who is this!? I'm your boyfriend!!! You've been ghosting me for 2 weeks now!" He shouts, again.
So it's him? I thought I broke up with him but I think I forgot.

"Oh. First of all, calm down. Second, now i remember who you are, i just simply forgot." I say.

"Are you serious? You forgot about my existence? What kind of girlfriend are you?" He says in a loud voice, but thankfully didn't scream.
"The bad one. Let's break up. I don't like you anymore." I say without hesitation, sitting up.

"What!!? We only dated for 3 weeks!!" He starts screaming again at the top of his lungs, giving me a jolt of pain in the brain.
I'm questioning myself why i started dating this man, i think i just looked at the fact that he was handsome.

"Can you lower your voice? You gave me a headache." I mutter, running my hand through my hair.
"I can't believe you! You're so cold-hearted!" He cries, making me roll my eyes.

"I wish you a nice life." I say blankly and hang up the phone, then delete his number immediately.
I massage my temples to stop the headache but it wasn't going away, so i decided to go to sleep.