Chapter 11

FLASHBACK 12 YEARS AGO

"My baby Felix! Happy birthday dear!" Their mom exclaims with a happy smile on her face as she cups Felix's face.

Felix thanks his mom, showing her a toothy smile but a few of his teeth were missing.

"Mom, it's Felicity's birthday too!" Felix says and their mom's smile fades away when she glances at Felicity, who was sitting behind on of the couch.

"You should focus on yourself. What do you want for your 10th birthday?" His mom asks him.

A small frown forms on his face and turns his head to look at Felicity who had a blank expression on her face.

He thought that this was unfair and couldn't understand why their parents would always treat Felicity differently from him, he hated getting more that his twin sister.

"I don't want anything mom." Felix murmurs to her.

"Don't be like that! Tell us what you want." Dad interfers.

"I want something if also Felicity gets something." Felix responds.

Their mom looked annoyed by that and dad sighs.
"Okay! As you wish my son." Dad says, making Felix smile.

Felix gestures Felicity to come with them and she quietly follows them, ignoring their mom's glares.

Felicity's mom grabs her by her shoulder, turning her aggressively towards her.
"Behave, alright? I don't want to see Felix sad." Their mom tells her, Felicity looks at her blankly and nods slightly.

"Yes, ma'am." She responds, keeping her eyes lowered.

They arrive at the mall and get inside the toy shop, Felix immediately runs towards the toys with a joyous smile on his face.

"Get whatever you want." Dad says to Felix and he nods.

Felix was looking at a big teddy bear he liked, but Felicity grabs it for her, not knowing Felix wanted it.

He checks if there was a same teddy bear as the one Felicity took, but it seemed like it was the last one left.

A sad expression forms on Felix's face and he looks at her with pleading eyes.

"Did you want it?" Felicity asks him as he nods.

Their mom reaches them and yanks the bear from Felicity's hands, looking at her angrily.

"Why are you taking something Felix likes!? He wanted it first." She raises her voice, making the other people in the shop glance at them.

Felicity clenches her jaw and stares at her mom.
"What!? How dare you look at me like that!" She scolds her.

Felicity was fighting the urge to snap but she was able to control herself; she lowers her eyes down and releases the clutch on her fists.

"I'm sorry. Felix can have it." Felicity says and mom nods.

"Here my son. Take more!" Dad says and pats his head.

Felix felt the urge of crying, he was trying to stay strong but he couldn't stand the way their parents treated his sister.

I'll only take this." Felix murmurs and their parents nod with a smile.

"And you. You won't get anything because of how you behaved." Mom tells her, pointing her finger at the little child in front of her.