Chapter 19

TW: the flashback contains bullying and suicide behaviour which might be disturbing to someone.

FLASHBACK 2016

Hwang Hyunjin

"Hyunjin! Wake up! You're going to get late for school!" Hyunjin's mom's yelling wakes him up and a sigh leaves his lips.
"Mom, I'm sick. Can I stay home?" He asks by yelling back so she could hear him.

He hears her footsteps coming up the stairs and she enters his room. She sits on the edge of the bed and places her hand on his forehead to see if he had something."But you look fine to me. Now come on and get up, I'm preparing breakfast." She says and Hyunjin groans.

"Mom I don't feel like going." He murmurs, sinking his head deeper into the pillow.
"Hyinjin, is there something going on at school?" Her mom asks, the seriousness in her tone was clear. Hyunjin looks at her for a moment in silence.

"No, I just don't feel like going. Can I transfer to a different school?" He asks, making her mom sigh.
"We'll talk about this when you get back home. Now go get ready or I'll force you." Her mom says, ruffling with his hair and then leaving his room.

Hyunjin really didn't want to go. It wasn't because school was boring or that he hated studying, it was something else. He got up groggily and went to the bathroom, after that he got ready he came downstairs and immediately went to the entrance door to put on shoes. "Yah Hyunjin! Eat breakfast before you go!" Her mom says. "I'm not hungry!" He says before leaving the house.

When Hyunjin arrived to school, he prepared himself for what was coming. When he went to his locker and opened it, his classmates started bothering him once again.

"Guys look who decided to come again!"
"He's so shameless for coming to school after that!"
"What a piece of shit!"
"Hey! Why don't you just die?"

"Yah, are you trying to ignore us?" One of them said and pushed Hyunjin by his shoulder. Hyunjin kept his eyes lowered down on the floor and ignored them. He hoped they would just leave him alone. "Did this bastard just ignore me?" The guy said, glaring at Hyunjin.

"Just look at his face. If I had a handsome face like his, I would have never done that to a girl. But you know what? You're ugly and rotten from the inside." Another one said.
Hyunjin kept his eyes on the floor and was fighting back tears in his eyes. This was what he had to endure everyday.

"Oh look at him! What, you're gonna cry?" The first guy says pouting and everyone laugh. "He's acting like a little kid now!" Another one says and they laugh more.

The door flings open and the teacher comes in, everyone go back to their seats and silence fills in the classroom. Hyunjin sat down on his seat and wiped away his tears. He was grateful for the teacher to have come in time before things got even worse.

____________ಥ⁠╭⁠╮⁠ಥ

It was lunch time, Hyunjin quietly took his plate with food and went to a table that was empty. He sighed and started eating his food as soon as possible so he could leave the cafeteria. He saw a hand knocking on his table and he knew who it was.

"Yah, how dare you come in here? Did you not see that Hee-Young is here too? She's feeling sick because of you!" Joon-Woo exclaims, the other male friends of Hee-Young were standing next to him.

He looks over at the table she was sat at, she had a blank expression on her face as she stared at Hyunjin. Sunwoo was talking to her at the moment, then he followed the direction of her eyes where she was looking. His smile dropped as soon as he saw Hyunjin and he stood up, heading towards him.