Chapter 3

Hwang Hyunjin

"Why are you talking about my sister?"

We turn around and look at a tired Felix, his nose was red, his eyes bloodshot and his eyelids were puffy.

"Huh? Oh w-we just wanted to make sure if she's okay." Han says with an awkward laugh.
I nudge him in the stomach, making him groan.
"Don't say that." I mutter to him.

"Anyways, don't mind him. Let's go eating now. Are you feeling better now?" I ask him as we go to the kitchen.
"Yeah, I'm good now." He says and gives me a reassuring smile, making me smile too.

We sit at the dining table and eat silently until Changbin starts a conversation. We start talking about what we'll do on our upcoming holiday vacation, we were finally having a good break after working till the end of the year. I kept glancing at Felix who was eating silently, checking to make sure he's okay.

"Oh by the way, Felix. Your birthday is coming soon!" Chan says with enthusiasm.

"Oh yeah! Will you be giving us a party?" I.N. says before stuffing his mouth full with food.
"Yah, eat slowly. No one's gonna steal your food." I tell him but he ignores.

"Yeah sure. There'll be a party as always. But this time... I'm celebrating it with my sister." Felix says.

Han almost chokes on his food making me laugh out loud.
"What are you laughing at? Pass me the water!" Han exclaims, making me laugh even more as i pass him a glass of water.

"So she's going to be there too?" Minho asks, making Felix nod.
"Yeah. She likes to celebrate her birthday alone, but this time i want her to celebrate it with somebody." He says.

"Since when do you have a sister?" Seungmin interfers, making me and Han snort, Felix looks at Seungmin unbelievably.
"Don't mind him." I say to Felix, waving my hand off.

"She must be a social butterfly like you Felix, isn't she?" Chan asks.
"Well..." Felix trails off, not sure what to say.

FLASHBACK 8 YEARS AGO

"Hey smarty pants! Come here!" Chad yells from where he was sitting at his bench when he saw Felix come inside the classroom.

Felix silently walks towards the group of guys.
"I'm thirsty. Get me a can of soda. Now." Chad says.

Felix nods while looking down and heads out of the classroom again.
"Hurry up cause teacher is about to come!" Eden yells.

Felix runs to the cafeteria and buys a can of soda with the money he brought to buy lunch, then runs back to the classroom.
He enters inside out of breath and notice the teacher was already there, standing in front of his bench.

"Why are you late Felix?" Mr Jones asks, a clear frown was formed on his face.
"I'm sorry Mr Jones. I woke up late" Felix says.

"I'll let it slide this time since you're a good student. You can go sit." He says and Felix nods.

Felix goes to sit to his bench that was next to Felicity's one. She looks at him with a neutral look on the face, they glance at each other and Felicity speaks.
"Where were you?" She asks him in a whisper.
"I had to go to the toilet urgently." He whispers back.

Felicity look at him suspiciously and shifts her gaze to the whiteboard. Felix was behaving weird ever since high school started and she knew that something was off. Chad puts his hand on Felix's back and gesture him to pass him the cans, without looking back he gives them the sodas.

At lunch time, Felix couldn't get anything to eat because the money he brought for that was spent on the soda he bought for the guys. Felix hid himself in the bathroom from those boys, so they won't ask him for money because he didn't have any.