Chapter 4

Lee Felicity

I sit inside my car and press my forehead against the steering wheel, feeling exhausted from today's lessons.

At least all of that brain storming didn't give me a headache, maybe i can survive through the day without pain.

I don't even know the point of coming to the university since I'll die in a few months, but the doctor told me to keep going.

My plan was to move to Florida in 4 months after getting the degree of the attorney.

Regardless my situation, i'll go to Florida no matter what and spend my last days there.

I'm tired of life, i really don't want to live anymore.
Just a few months, Felicity. Then you'll be at peace.

Now i have to go get some coffee and head back home.
I park on the side of the street to go quickly get a coffee, i cross the road and head inside Starbucks.

"One caramel frappuccino please." I say to the worker, making her nod.

I go sit at one of the tables next to the windows and look outside.
The maple leaves were turned red and yellow, they were falling down from the trees and gently placing themselves on the ground.

The nature is the most colorful when it's autumn and i love it.
Watching those leaves slowly falling down were statisfying to me, i could watch them all day.

I was looking at the cars passing, then frown when I see a 5 year-likely-to-be old kid trying to cross the road, waiting for the cars to pass.

Should i help him, or not?

I hesitate for a moment and keep watching him but the kid was really finding it hard to cross the road.

He just has to pass the road after making sure there are no cars, what's so hard about that?

I sigh and get up, while they were still making my frappuccino i go outside of the coffee shop.

When I was about to walk to him he suddenly starts to walk to cross the road, while a truck was coming towards him.

I widen my eyes and without thinking twice i sprint run as fast as i could towards the kid; i fastly pick him up and roll away to the end of the cross road.

I fall down, hitting my elbows and knees, but embrace the kid to make sure he doesn't get hurt.

I was out of breath and look down at the kid, who had his eyes closed and was shaking in fear.

I get up and take a look at my knees and they were scratched, my elbows were hurting too so i was expecting them to be wounded.

I notice my cardigan was ripped from the elbows and i groan; i just ripped my favorite white cardigan because of this kid.

"Hey kid. Be careful next time, will you?" I tell him, he gets up and bows his head in front of me.

"I'm sorry. I'll be careful next time." He says.
"Where's your mom?" I ask him and wipe off the dirt from my coat and skirt.

"Chan-yeol!"

I turn my head and see a woman running towards us, then hug the kid.

"Are you okay?" She asks him and he nods.
Looks like she's his mom, i should get going then.

I was about to walk away when she calls me from behind.
"Excuse me ma'am."
I stop myself there and turn around to listen what she had to say.

"Thank you so much for saving my child. I'm grateful. What can I do to return the favor?" She asks me.

"There's no need for that." I say shortly and turn on my heels and go back to the coffee shop.

Before going inside the shop i turn my head to look at them one last time; the mom was still hugging her child, then pecks his forehead and smiles down at him.

I wish I was treated like that too.

I wished my mom would care for me, but i never got attention the slightest bit.

Felix has always been their precious son.

I shift my gaze away from them and take my coffe after paying for it, then sit down and drink the frappuccino.

I didn't realize i was injured that badly until my knee hit the table stand, making me wince.

I shouldn't have worn a skirt today if i knew this would happen.

I don't have any bandage with me right now, so I'll have to endure this pain until i get home.

Felix arrived last night from the tour and i still have to meet him, tomorrow is our birthday and I'm going to his house and celebrate together.

I was looking down at my coffee sadly when I notice a tall figure standing in front of my table.

I look up to see who it was, it was a tall man with broad shoulders. He was wearing grey sweatpants and a black hoodie.

I couldn't see his face because he had a mask on and a hat. His eyes were the only thing I could see, he had a mole under his left eye.

They were so pretty.

He takes his hand out of his hoodie and he had bandages in his hand. Is he giving me the bandages?

"I saw that you were hurt. I realized I had some bandages, so they're for you." He says, his voice was soothing and calm.

I couldn't take my eyes off of him.
Words weren't coming out of my lips, it's like they were stuck in my throat.

He waits for my response but i don't say anything, then suddenly he gets on his knees, naming me widen my eyes in shock.
His eyes meet mine when he crouches down and takes out the medical cream, then put it on my knees.

When his cold fingers touch my skin, a shiver runs down my spine and i flinch.

He stops the movement of his fingers and looks at me with an apologetic look in his eyes and says "Sorry. I'll be gentle."

My lips part slightly and i didn't know what to say.
He applies the cream gently on my wound while i was in shock.
This man doesn't even know me, and yet he's helping me.

Once he put the bandages on my knees ,his eyes meet mine and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

Why is he wearing a mask though?
Is he sick?

I pull my knees away from his hands at the thought of him being serious ill.

"Are you sick?" I ask him, referring to the mask he was wearing.
"No. I'm just wearing it because it's cold." He responded, i hesitate at first but then nod.

"Thank you for the bandages." I say, giving him a slight bow.
He stands up and bows his head, using formality.

"Have a nice day." He says, before leaving the coffee shop.

I look outside the window and watch him cross the road and walk on the other side of the road.

No one has ever done that for me before.
I was feeling bad, but he made my day.
I wonder who he is.

Wait, his name...i need to know his name.

I immediately get up and run outside of the shop towards the cross road, but the light was green for the cars and they were passing fastly.

I couldn't reach him, the cars were in my way.
I just watched him disappear, why didn't I think about asking his name before? What an idiot.

I sigh in defeat and go towards my car to go back home.