Chapter 15- The concert.

[Samantha’s POV] 

I pulled myself out of bed and quickly grabbed my phone to stop the irritating alarm from ringing. I threw my phone onto my messed up bed, then began undressing to get a shower. 

After shampooing and conditioning my hair, washing, and shaving my legs, I stepped out of the shower then wrapped a crisp white towel firmly around my wet body. I checked the hallway to make sure no one was out there, before quickly scurrying into my bedroom. After drying my body, I wrapped the towel around my hair and proceeded to get changed. I put on a pair of skinny black jeans, a white Hollister t-shirt with my black leather jacket over the top. 

About 20 minutes later, I had my hair dried and pulled back into a pony tail, my make up was done lightly so I was ready for today. 

I grabbed my phone off my bed, shoved it into my back pocket, then attempted to force a permanent smile on my face. 

My mom was at the front door getting the mail, she greeted me with a smile as I came down the stairs. 

“Good morning dear,” She said sweetly.

“Morning,” 

My mom followed me into the kitchen whilst flicking through the mail. She put a letter on the table in front of me. It had my name on the front of it, but I instantly recognised the handwriting. 

“Why has she wrote me a letter?” I asked my mom whilst pushing the envelope to the other end of the table. “Why didn’t she just call? She doesn’t have my number but she has yours, and she has the home phone.” 

My mom shrugged, “Because you could ignore her, you could put the phone down on her, but if she writes you a letter she gets chance to say everything she needs to say.” 

How could my mom be so sure? How did she know that?

“Wait, how do you know?” 

She turned around to face me, “Katy told me she had sent you a letter. She sent it the other day after your phone call, she said every single word is the truth. I think you should read it.” 

I sighed and kept looking at the letter, “I’ll read it later.” I picked it up and put it in my bag. 

As soon as I got near school, I could see the 12th graders working on the stage. The jocks were there, but Ste wasn’t. I put my bag in my locker, knowing I didn’t have any school books that I needed, and headed to Mr. Dootson’s office. 

“Samantha,” He smiled as I walked into his office. 

I gave him a small smile back then waited for him to talk. 

“Everything looks to be good, bands are all ready to go and the food is all done. I think today’s going to be great! Oh, did you talk to your sister? Is Katy coming?” He asked excitedly. 

I sighed and shook my head, “She’s got a new album coming out soon, I barely see her myself. I’m sorry.” 

Mr Dootson frowned, but then gave another smile, “Don’t worry, we’ll still have a great day! And it’s all for a good cause,” 

“That’s true.” I agreed. “I need to go now, I’ve got a few more things that need doing.” 

“Okay Samantha, I’ll see you later.” 

I walked out of his office and looked in the classroom’s across from me to see if Alex was in any of them, but she wasn’t. I hadn’t seen her all morning, so I decided to look for the rest of my friends. 

I searched for about ten minutes, until finally I found Alex and the rest of them sat around a table outside, watching the jocks finish off the stage. They looked like they were having a serious conversation, then Natalie looked up and saw me walking towards them. Her eyes widened and she notified everyone else I was there. I felt awkward, I knew they were talking about me.