Chapter 26- Tell Me What?

Waking up the next morning with a huge headache was definitely not a good start to the day. My head was sunk into the pillow, but I knew if I got up right now I would end up being sick all over the sheets. I laid there for a moment, then realising that the space next to me was empty. Katy must be downstairs, or gone. She wouldn’t have left already would she? Not without saying good bye. 

I took a few breaths, before sitting up in my bed and gently pulling back the covers. I took a glance at my phone and saw I had over five missed calls from Ste. I knew he’d be going out of his mind with worry, so I sent him a quick text. 

Hey I’m fine. Katy hasn’t said anything to my parents but not feeling good this morning L I’ll call u later. Love you

I placed my phone back on the side, knowing I would have to put a password on it soon to stop people reading my messages. And by people I meant Katy. The tight white t-shirt I had slept in was giving off a bad smell of alcohol and sick, so I quickly swapped it for another then made my way downstairs. 

I slowly walked into the living room, feeling like death, and was greeted by a weird look off my mom as she sipped out of her cup. 

“Oh dear, you look terrible.” She quickly put down her cup and walked over to me, placing her hand on my forehead. “You‘re really pale hun.” 

“I’ll be fine.” I shrugged, but my mom quickly shook her head and pulled me with her into the kitchen. 

As we walked in, I instantly made eye contact with Katy. She was lent back against the counter gripping a mug off coffee in both hands. I cut off our eye contact and looked at my feet, not knowing whether she was still mad at me for last night. My mom began rooting through the cupboards, pulling out boxes of tablets and reading the backs of them. 

“What’s up?” Katy asked her, peering over her shoulder. 

“Sammie’s not well.” She replied, turning and placing two white tablets onto the palm of my hand.

I looked up and saw Katy staring at me with raised eyebrows and slight amusement on her face. 

“Probably just a bug.” Katy mumbled, trying to make sure my mom didn’t go worrying, when in fact it was because I decided to get slaughtered with my friends and a bunch of eighteen year olds last night. Normally, If I had so much as a cold Katy would be fussing over me like I was on my deathbed. 

I took the tablets then looked back up at Katy, she gave me a sympathetic smile, her being the Queen of Hangovers herself so she knew they were pretty shit. 

“I’m just going to make a call.” Mom said, picking up her phone and leaving the kitchen. 

“How are ya feeling?” 

I walked over to Katy and lent next to her, “Better than last night.” 

She chuckled quietly, “This is what you get for breaking the rules.” Katy winked, bringing the cup to her lips and sipping it.  

“Thanks for staying with me though, last night.” I spoke quietly, putting my hand on her arm. 

“You’ll still be climbing into bed with me when you’re 25.” 

I laughed softly and let out a heavy sigh, Saturday morning and I didn’t even know what I had planned for the rest of today. I would have to call Ste later, settle his mind on last night. I decided I wouldn’t tell Katy about what happened last night with Aaron, she didn’t need to know. In fact, I would be satisfied if it wasn’t brought up again. But before I did anything, I had to shower. The smell of sick that was stuck to my skin was making me want to wretch.