Chapter 40- A message to the world.

After what felt like an hour of Katy’s light pink coloured nails tapping against the white keys of her Apple Mac, we sat there with two words: ‘Dear KatyCats,’ followed by nothing. A blank page. I don’t think it was possible to put everything into a letter, but there would be time for that later. The world doesn’t need to know everything all at once, they will just know the truth for now. The truth being: that Katy is my mom and that’s all there is to it. Of course, that’s not all there is to it, because there’s so much more to our story, but for now, for a little while, the world will just know the basics.

I realised that maybe our lives would inspire people. There could be other people in the world going through the same thing; it seems even Katy Perry has been through the exact same. I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear and narrowed my eyes at the laptop screen, trying to imagine what words we could put onto it. I think if anyone ever asked me to write a story on this, asked me to explain the details, the happy moments, the sad moments, the times when we argued, the times we would disagree on things and both go running to mom, the tough times; like when she told me who she really was, the car crash and me disappearing, it would take me a really long time to really put it all in words and down on paper. They would read it and seriously think our relationship was doomed, but then they would see all the good things, the amazing things that we’ve been through together; how much we’ve stood by each other, the way she’s really stepped us as a mom and done everything a mother does for her child. I think then, then they would see how much we love each other. And how much of an important roll we play in each others’ lives. She’s the reason I exist, and by the looks of it, I’m the reason she exists too.

Katy lifted the laptop onto her knee and bit the corner of her cheek. I watched carefully, almost being able to read the thoughts that were going through her head at the minute. Our bond made it able for us to do that sometimes.

“I think addressing it to the fans is the right thing to do. They’re the people who support me, so this is me being honest and sharing this part of my life with them.” Katy spoke with all seriousness, her eyes making a long, deep connection with mine as we sat no further than five centimeters apart.

“You should write that in there.” I suggested.

Letting the fans know that they are important to Katy and that she does think about them in the majority of things she does it something that should be put in there. Once this all comes out, in public, there’s going to be so much press, and it’s not all going to be good. In fact, the majority of it will probably be bad, because it’s giving them something to write. That’s what they do. Yet it seems Katy is quite confident she will have the loving support of her KatyCats when she becomes the most talked about subject. We know for definite she will be.

Katy began typing away for a good couple of minutes. Writing sentences, re-reading them and deleting them, then re-writing them so she knows she’s saying everything right.

“Okay, so, I think we’re getting somewhere with this.”

She spun the laptop around to face me, revealing the first paragraph she’d just typed up. I read each sentence carefully, smiling to myself at the honestly Katy had, basically how brave she was being. This wasn’t easy for us, not one bit. As I reached the last word of Katy’s heartwarming paragraph, I smiled adorably up at her and gave her a nod of approval.

“Is there anything you don’t want me to mention? Something specific that you’d rather the world not know?” She raised her perfectly shaped eyebrows up at me.

As I thought about it, I couldn’t think of anything I felt needed to be hidden. Katy obviously isn’t going to go into too much detail, so for now she can just write what she feels is right. I won’t stop her from putting anything.