Chapter 24-Party!

I scrambled around my bag looking for my cell. I grabbed it and quickly dialled Katy’s number, knowing she was going to need some sort of support at the minute if this was going on. 

“Sweetie listen, can I call you back in about an hour?” Katy answered, she sounded upset, as to be expected. She loved John, maybe just as much as she loved Russell, they had something special. 

“I’m not going to keep you, I just want to make sure you’re alright.” I almost whispered down the phone, giving that sympathetic tone in my voice so she was aware that I was there for her.

“I-I don’t understand?” 

“I know about you and John.” I told her. 

I heard her sigh, “I’m fine, well, I will be.” 

“Well me, mom and dad are always here, you know that, right?” I asked her, chewing on my bottom lip as I spoke. 

“Of course.” She replied, she sounded so weak and tired. 

“Just call me if you need me. I love you.” 

“Thanks babes, I love you too.” 

We hung up the phone and I shook my head a put it on the side. I didn’t want to question Katy on her and John’s break up, since it wasn’t really any of my business. 

I could hear my parents showing the two men out of the front door, speaking quiet purposely so I wouldn’t hear. I slouched down on the sofa and decided on watching TV until Ste got here. I flipped channels, not really taking much interest on what was on, then both my parents walked into the front room, both looking too casual. 

“Right, what’s going on?” I rolled my eyes, waiting for one of them to answer. 

I saw my mom look over at my dad, but he stayed silent so she spoke. “N-nothing. I told you, they were just talking about the church.” 

“I remember when this family never used to have any secrets, well at the time I didn’t think we did. Now it seems there’s lie after lie.” I sighed, turned my head away from them both and attempted to watch the TV. 

“Sometimes hiding the truth saves a lot of upset.” My dad stated. Oh, so was he teaching me to lie now? 

“Are you telling me that lying is…okay?” I questioned, furrowed my eyebrows at my parents. 

“No! No we’re not.” Mom quickly added, folding her arms across her chest. “Like I said before, it’s nothing for you to worry about.” 

I opened my mouth to talk, but I heard a light tapping on the window. Ste was here. I got up and hurried to the door, letting him in and leading him into the front room. By then, my mom and dad were doing their own things in the kitchen. 

“Wanna watch a movie?” I asked him, throwing him the remote so he could flick through SkyMovies. 

“Yeah sure.” 

We settled on watching ‘Taken’ then cuddled together on the sofa. 

                                  *                                   

[2 Days Later]

Right, so, after gearing myself up, I finally yesterday asked Katy what happened between her and John. To be quite honest, she seemed rather happy. She told me that they both talked it over, and since John was going on tour, and their careers were going to be crazy, they came to an agreement that it was best to leave it there. End their relationship. Upsetting I know, but they’re both still happy so that’s what’s important.