Chapter 2- Katy's secret.

[2 weeks later] 

I could hear beeping, every two seconds. It was muffled but I could hear it. I couldn't move, I could feel wires, something over my mouth. Suffacating me. Wait. No it wasn't, it was helping me breathe. I felt like I wasn't in control of my body, but then I got it. I flickered open my eyes to blury vision. I began blinking a few times, until everything in the room became clear. 

A basic room, 4 white walls, a door and 2 windows. One letting in a small amount of light through shut curtains and the other looking out into a corridor. I could hardly move my head. Oh god my head, it hurt like crazy. I squinted my eyes as the pain wore off and then back again. I could move my head slightly, I followed the sound of the beeping to a massive machine next to me, full of wires that were attached to my head, my lungs and a little tab on my finger that was measuring my heart rate. Then there was a single bed which I was led in, and three empty chairs around me. Empty. I was alone. I didn't know where I was, but I was alone. And I was scared, so scared I wanted to cry but my body wouldn't let me. Then I remembered the accident, I was in hospital! The car, the road, it was so dark. My phone call to Katy, my seatbelt, my jacket... MY MOM! 

I needed to get out of here, but the pain was too much. I just didn't have the streingth. My mom was next to me in the car, she was driving. Was she alive? Was she dead? Horrible thoughts were running through my mind and at this point, I began shaking uncontrollably and could feel my heart beat racing. The beats on the machine got faster and faster, until it started flashing red and letting out a loud beep, louder than the others. It must have been a warning, a sign to let people know there was something wrong, because within seconds a doctor and three nurses came running into my room. A nurse ran to the machine, "Her heartbeat's too fast, her pulse is rapid" She shouted to the doctor. He grabbed my wrist and began feeling my pulse, I watched as he did it, then I looked straight ahead and out of the window that looked out into the hospital corridor. It was her, my mom, she was alive. Her, my dad and Katy were pushed up against the window panicking, their faces looked so scared and Katy was crying hysterically. Why was Katy crying like that? The others were crying too, a lot,  but Katy was the worst. But why Katy? As soon as I saw my mom, I let out a sigh of relief and I could feel my body stop shaking and my pulse return back to normal. The doctor wrote something down on his clipboard and then smiled at me. He was young, about 25 maybe, tall with dark hair. "Welcome back Samantha," his voice was gentle. The nurses left the room and spoke to my parents and Katy, I couldn't hear what they were saying I could just see everyone's lips moving.

"You gave us a scare then," the doctor smiled, his name badge said 'Dr.Williams' .

"I was scared, my mom was in the accident too... I thought she was dead," I felt so weird speaking, my own voice sounded to unfarmiliar. Like I'd never heard it before.

"You have nothing to worry about, your mom's fine and so are you," My attention then changed to the door opening and my parents and Katy coming through the door.

"Sam!" Katy cried, running over to me. She put her hands on my cheeks and kissed my forehead.

"Baby you're awake!" my mom sat down beside me and held my hand. I looked at her face,  her eye was slightly bruised but it looked like it was worse but had gotten better, her lip was red and swollen and she had a cut on her forehead that was fixed with a few stiches. My dad sat on a chair and looked up at me, he looked so tired, he could barely keep his eyes open, which had bags under them. Katy began stroking my head and running her fingers through my hair. 

"Thank God," he whispered, putting his hands into the praying position as he said it. 

"When can I go home?" Everyone started laughing.