Chapter 22- Isn't she lovely, made from love.

It was a couple hours after Oliver had left, I slowly slipped Sammie’s head off my knee, placing it gently down onto the sofa. I grabbed a blanket and pulled it across her body, watching as she breathed whilst she slept. I bent down, kissed her forehead, then got up to make myself a coffee. Just as I was about to put the kettle on, I heard my phone ringing from the front room. I literally sprinted as fast as I could, hoping it wouldn’t wake up my daughter sleeping just a few meters away.

“Hello?” I answered, whispering down the phone. 

“Hey.” A giggling voice whispered back. 

“Who’s this?” 

“It’s Oliver, why are we whispering?” He asked. 

“Samantha’s asleep.” 

I walked into the kitchen and shut the door so I didn’t disturb Sammie. 

“Bless, when can I see her?” Oliver carried on whispering.

I poured the hot water into the cup full of coffee, “I-I don’t know Oliver.” I replied, my voice now normal.

It was silent on the other end of the phone. I used a spoon to mix the water and coffee together.

“I’m sorry I flipped earlier, but Katy, you’re not the one to blame. I understand your decisions, and why you couldn’t tell me. None of that was your fault.” 

I sighed, “I’m glad you finally understand.” 

“I really want to see her, talk to her.” 

I tipped a bit of milk into the coffee and stirred it once again, then took a sip of the hot mixture, feeling it burn my tongue. 

“I know you do, but she’s going back to Santa Barbara tonight.” 

“Oh.” I could almost hear the pain in his voice. “Wait, she doesn’t live with you?” 

“N-no, she lives with my parents. I told you, she only found out I was her mother a couple of months ago.” I reminded him. 

“Oh yeah, right. Erm, could I come round now? I wont stay long, please Katy.” Oliver was practically begging me, how could I say no? 

Maybe this would be a good thing. Letting them properly talk, both knowing who each other is.

“Right okay.” 

“Great!” He said excitedly, “I’m on my way now, I’ll see you soon.” 

“Yeah, bye.” 

I went to put the phone down, “Oh Katy?” 

“Yeah?” 

“Thank you.” Oliver said sweetly. 

I just smiled then put the phone down. Maybe now that we had both had chance to calm down, things would run a little smoother. It would make Oliver happy, it would make Sammie happy, so that would make me happy. 

I picked up my phone and saw I had a new text off Tamra. I opened the message and clicked onto the attachment she had sent. It was a picture of me and Sammie running out of the venue yesterday and the headline read ‘Katy Perry and her sister flea from Obama’s event yesterday.’ 

I groaned and exited the page, not even being bothered to read the article. They would probably have just wrote some random shit about me anyway, saying I’d had an argument with John or something pathetic that they’d just sat and thought of themselves then wrote it down. I learned to ignore that crap a long time ago. I don’t even know how they got the picture anyway. Me and Sammie went out of the back door and were barely outside for ten seconds before being picked up in the car. I don’t know how they manage these things. I simply sent Tamra a text message back saying,