Chapter 44- Breaking My Heart Boy

I come down the stairs, fully clothed and hair done, eyeing each room in the search of my mom. I stick my head through the doorways of every room downstairs: the kitchen, the huge living room, the dining room; to find them all empty.

I make my way to the front of her living room, looking out of the huge windows and seeing her car in the same place it’s been all night, along with a Range Rover parked nicely beside it. I smiled and realized Oliver must have been here somewhere.

A loud laugh makes it’s way through the house, and I now know that they’re out in the back garden. I giggle to myself, hearing Katy’s silly cackle again as she now comes into my view. A towel is spread across the lawn at the left hand side of Katy’s back garden, where a wet looking Oliver sits, propped up on his elbows, with Katy laid in between his legs, her head resting cutely on his chest. I stand there, smiling at them, as I watch whilst they’re looking each other in the eyes and Katy begins giggling quietly whilst Oliver whispers something, obviously sweet, into her ear.

I hesitate before walking out, not wanting to interrupt what looks like a cute moment they’re having, but the looks and smiles they give me when they see me coming towards them assure me that they’re happy to see me.

“Hey darling,” Katy says.

“Hey,” I reply, laying back onto a sun lounger and attempting to get into a comfy position.

In the corner of my eye I see a hand holding out some sun block. I look up and see it’s Oliver, looking at me too with raised eyebrows. He smirks as I sigh and lean forwards to take it off him.

“It’s like one hundred degrees today! You’ll thank me for it later, kiddo.”

I know he’s right. I’d only burn and then spend hours complaining to Katy about how much I was sunburnt, so I took his advice and pasted a layer of sun cream on each of my legs and arms; my face, particularly under my eyes; and kept on my t-shirt so I didn’t have to do my stomach.  

“Have you got any plans today?” Katy asked over, the sweetness and happiness in her voice making it evident she’s in one of her great, cute moods.

I shake my head and shrug my shoulders, “nope, nothing important, why?” I reply, whilst typing in the password to my phone to unlock it.

“Me and Oliver were thinking about a day out today, you coming?”

I smiled and agreed, then peered over my phone and looked them dead in the eyes, “I’ll come on one condition.”

“And what’s that?” Oliver asks, smirking over at me with a questioning look.

“Look, I love how happy yous two are and all, but I can’t cope with you both constantly making out and being all touchy feely while we’re out. Will you please not?” I ask with a small giggle at the end, “you can do as much of that as you want when I’m not around.”

Katy holds her hands up in front of her in defense, looking over at her boyfriend and laughing.

“I promise to be good,” she says, but the way she says it and looks at Oliver with narrowed eyes makes it comes out all flirty and seductive.

I groan loudly and click onto the Facebook app on my phone, shaking my head at my mother as she knows full well that my groan was aimed at her. As Katy and Oliver get into a conversation about how both of their families are doing, I manage to zone out and focus of the home page of my Facebook. I feel a slight pain in my heart at the pictures of Alex and the other girls in my grade, all of them enjoying their Saturday night. I should be part of that; I would be part of that if I hadn’t moved away. I think at this point, the realization of how much I missed my friends really hit me, and it wasn’t until I continued scrolling down my homepage that missing my friends became one of the least of my problems.