Chapter 16- Bad dreams and sleepless nights.

"Ste, no!" I screamed through laughter as Ste chased me down my street. I could feel my legs running rapidly beneath me, whilst my breaths were getting faster trying to take in air as I choked from laughing. 

I looked over my shoulder expecting Ste to be far behind me, but he was running too and was about inches away from me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me backwards so that I landed with my head in the crook of his neck. His arms were still laced tightly around me and we were both heavily panting from running. 

"I'm going to miss you," He whispered into my ear. 

I pulled my head up and smiled up at him, "I'm only going to be in LA for the weekend, but i'll miss you too." 

Ste dropped his arms then laced his fingers with mine whilst we carried on walking. 

"Are you scared?" 

I frowned at his weird question. Is there something I should be scared about? 

"Of what?" 

"Staying in LA with Katy." He said. 

"Why would I be scared? It's Katy, it's not like she's going to murder me or something." I replied with a laugh. 

Ste shook his head then shot me a look at my sarcastic comment. 

"No I know that, but things have been weird between you both these past couple of weeks, are you scared your relationship will be different?" 

I bit the corner of my lip whilst I thought. Sure things have been different these past couple of weeks, it's been hard, but today showed how much she cares. She came to Santa Barbra and did a show because she knew it was important to me. 

I smiled up at Ste, "No, I think we'll be fine you know. No thanks to you." 

"Partially me, but partially Katy. It took no convincing, as soon as she found out it was something for you she was in straight away. I knew how crazy her work was from what you told me, so I wasn't expecting her to come. I thought it was just worth a shot asking her, I knew if she was here it would make you happy. Katy told me she knew she had some making up to do and that work can wait, she's been putting in extra hours all this week to make time for tonight and for you this weekend." 

He starting swinging our hands in the air whilst we walked. I just walked and smiled at what Ste had just said about Katy. 

We got to my house and I pulled Ste inside with me. The house was quiet but I knew there was someone in because the car was in the drive, there wasn't many places my parents would go on foot because the church and supermarkets were a good 30 minutes away.

"Mom?" I heard my voice echo through out the house. 

"In here love." She called back. 

I followed her voice into the kitchen, with Ste behind me. My mom was in the middle of making herself a coffee, I looked outside and saw my dad in the back garden mowing the lawn. He wiped sweat off his forehead with his arm, I don't know how he could mow the lawn today, the weather was so hot. My mom turned around and her eyes lit up a bit when she saw Ste. 

"Oh hello Ste, I take it as you are both okay now then?" She asked.

"Yeah we are." I said. 

Ste put his arm around my waist, and I watched as my mom's eyes switched down to the movement he just made. I watched closely as the corners of her lips slowly turned into a smile, I know for sure she would be so happy when I tell her about me and Ste, she loved him. Who wouldn't?