Chapter 7- I Don't Want To Lose You.

I opened my eyes and smiled at the fact I was led in my room, in my bed. The past two days just felt like a blur and my body still ached and writhed in pain. I turned my head and saw Katy fast asleep next to me, her arm was wrapped tightly around my waist and her head was facing me. Even though it was a double bed, we were both lead to one side as close together as possible.

 I couldn’t remember much of last night, or what happened to me when I left, where I first went or how I got there, but all I knew was I couldn’t carry on living the way I was. I had to do something and be strong, talk with Katy, but this time I didn’t want to argue with her. I wasn’t one hundred percent on anything right now, except the fact I could not lose Katy. There was no way I could just cut her out of my life like I planned. 

I breathed out heavily, and with that Katy began to wake up. I watched her stir for a minute and then her eyes slowly flickered open, she smiled when she saw me. 

“Hi,” I whispered, we were both now laying on our sides face-to-face.

She didn’t reply, she just continued to smile and started to scan my face. 

“What are you doing?” I asked her. 

“Just taking it in, I can’t believe you’re here… I didn’t know if I was ever going to see you again,” 

I felt my heart break at the last sentence, knowing that it was my fault for running away and making everyone worry. 

“I’m sorry about that,” I sighed. 

Katy shook her head and pressed her finger against my lips. 

“Shhhhh, I don’t want to hear you apologize again okay?” I nodded my head in reply, “let’s forget that now, all that matters is you’re safe.” 

“Katy, can we talk?”

“We are talking,” 

“You know what I mean…about us…everything,”

Before she could reply, the bedroom door slowly creaked open and my mom quietly walked into the room. She looked at us first to see if we were awake and then grinned, like it was the first time she had ever laid eyes on me in her life. 

“Good morning,” My mom whispered. 

I attempted to sit up and as soon as Katy saw me struggling, she quickly shot up and helped me. I smiled at her to say thank you. She pulled the covers back and climbed out of the bed, still wearing clothes from yesterday had not bothered to get changed. And me, I was still in the clothes I had been in for the past two days. 

I dragged myself out of the bed and my mom held my arm as I stood up, I walked over to my wardrobe and pulled out an oversized t-shirt and a pair of jeans I spun around and noticed them both watching me, waiting to catch me if I fell. 

“I’m just going to have a shower and get changed…I’ll come down for food when I’m done,” 

“Do you need any help?” Katy asked concerned. 

“Erm, no, I’ll be fine,” 

I knew she didn’t like my answer, but she didn’t want to fuss around me too much so she listened to me and her and my mom went downstairs. 

__________

I climbed out of the shower and wrapped a white towel tightly around my body, I instantly felt so much better after it. I wiped the steam ofF the mirror with my hand and then stared at my face through it, the spitting image of Katy. I noticed straight away the change in how I looked and I hated it, I felt sick at the sight of my own face.