𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 ; habit lines

✵ ──────────────── ✵

i. three:habit lines 

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: ode to a conversation stuck in your throat - del water gap

──────── ✵ ────────

Somewhere in Small Heath, Birmingham

Foggy and secluded, rough sounds bellowed in the distance. Though it isn't quite dark yet, it is. The devil was lurking in the shadows, preparing to play his cards, while the succubus was out purchasing materials for her craft at the market.

There was a laugh, then heavy footsteps, and after a matter of seconds, a massive built of a copper came into view. He approached the gangster while also smoking, and indeed the gangster mumbled an order that was audible and clear sufficiently. The copper posed a question, but it went unanswered, just like at every other meeting. The gangster fished for some quid; he was too tense and itchy to push the copper away before the James woman spotted them together.

But then there was a pause and a couple of words from the copper; if Marianna was there, she would say it was information from a friend, and so Thomas stopped and listened.

Unbeknownst to the two men, there was a woman approaching from the near side of their secluded meeting spot, walking carefully to avoid childishness, and stopping at the side of the entrance as she heard their conversation.

An old friend. Stopping by. Irish desk.

Peaky Blinder Mistress.

There was a realisation inside Thomas' intelligence, and at the same time it clicked on the blonde's wits. They didn't connect the dots of similar familiarity at the time, but they would soon. All hell will break loose.

The copper then bid his farewell to the gangster who had him wrapped around his fisted hand. And on his way out of the shadowy expanse, the look of shock on his face greeted the James woman who turned up in front of him, eyes darkened and lips straight.

"G-great evening, Ms. James." Moss managed to stutter, going on past her.

Mar didn't wasted time to acknowledge the officer, instead she resumed her steady and elegant paced towards her lover, who as usual was wearing a gloomy expression. Though Marianna James' presence always sure made difference when it comes to Thomas Shelby.

"Did you get everything you needed, Mar?" he asked, a soft cheery tone on his voice.

Marianna faced him with a glare. "What was that?"