𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ; you sold on maybe

✵ ──────────────── ✵

iii. eighteen : ❝ you sold on maybe 

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: alrighty aphrodite - peach pit

──────── ✵ ────────

Somewhere in London

── ✵ ──

In the early morning, with the promise of a busy day ahead in Camden Town, Marianna stood beside Thomas. The worry that clouded her expression was evident as she gazed up at the sky.

"Is it alright for us to leave the other business to Arthur?" she inquired, her eyes focused on Thomas and his lips adorned with a cigarette.

"You need to be in London, besides, Aunt Pol is here," Thomas said, glancing at Marianna and then down at her simple velvet green dress. "You're wearing that to your lunch meeting?"

Mar shook her head, pursing her lips. "No. I'm going to Ada's to change after our deal at Alfie's."

"I'll bring you there." Thomas offered, his eyes flickering between her eyes and lips.

Mar tilted her head, studying the man before sighing in annoyance. "I have my gun, Tommy, if you're worried about Sabini."

Thomas, though stoic, painted his tone with mirth. "I ain't worried about Sabini; I have eyes in London now."

"Are we still on a treaty?" Mar couldn't help but tease at his unusual behavior. "Or do you love me too much to start a war against me?"

Thomas stared at her intently before placing his cigarette between his lips. He took deliberate steps towards her, enveloping her in his arms. Pressing his front against her back, he embraced her from behind.

"You know I do, Mar." Thomas whispered into her ears.

A wave of relief washed over Mar, and a blush tinted her face as she yearned for him to never let go. Amidst the complexities of their relationship, she found herself rebelling against the whispers and her own moral compass.

How had they managed to survive for so long when they were both so violently self-destructive? Marianna didn't have the answer to that.

They finally and safely reached Camden Town, where Alfie Solomons welcomed them again, this time with utmost hospitality. Inside the bakery, a swarm of men, recruited by Alfie himself to work under their joint business, awaited them.

Mar, Thomas, and Alfie assumed their positions at the head of the business. Mar sat on a row of wooden chairs prepared for them, Alfie Solomons standing beside her with his intimidating scowl.