𝐢. 𝐬𝐢𝐱 ; bad disease

✵ ──────────────── ✵

i. six:bad disease

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: doomsday – lizzy mcalpine

──────── ✵ ────────

Somewhere in Small Heath, Birmingham

── ✵ ──

True to her words. Marianna James was never found in either Thomas Shelby's or her own office as the night wore on. Nobody knew about her whereabouts or what she might have been doing.

Pushed away upon leading the Shelby matriarch to her residence, despite her assertion on staying with the woman. Yet, thanks to being pushed away, Marianna, has had time to mourn, to kneel on her mother's, father's, and brother's tombs underneath the night sky, with only the cold wind stroking her cheeks.

There are no tears, yet there are certain questions—

Looking back now, she'd come to know that her baby's body had been burned. (Yes, they burned her baby's body without her consent, and the thought enraged her; moral outrage escalated in her chest.

And yet, knowing that the person who assisted her in childbirth had only made the decision to act on behalf of an unfortunate eighteen-year-old mother who had lost her newborn. Considering that the old Marianna was just at a loss—of path and herself.

At that moment, she still could feel that feeling of being loss.

Looking up, thick layers of haze coated the dark sky, and bitter cold flowed down mercilessly on those below, as though mimicking her heart. Soaking anybody who wasn't sheltering. Most people who dared step outside had an umbrella to preserve them from the banging downpours. With the exception of Marianna James, who submerged herself till she felt diddly squat—numbness.

As she heard the whispers, she smiled openly: disaster and atrocity—quite a great pity.

── ✵ ──

When the Morning came, the stout-slender physique of Thomas Shelby could be seen knocking on the James' abode home. He was sporting his usual well-suited appearance, carried by the dusky vehicle he and his brother's will service to go to London. The car was parked behind the similar looking automobile that he put there himself, for the specific use of the seer artist.

A couple of seconds passed, and a polished-looking Diego answered the door. There was a gleam of excitement in his blue eyes as he tried his best to cover his smile. "Tommy. Are we leaving now?"