𝐢. 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 ; soul seeking

✵ ──────────────── ✵

i. five:soul seeking

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: lump sum - bon iver

──────── ✵ ────────

Somewhere in Small Heath, Birmingham

Two ladies walk downtown, hugging their carcasses as the chilly thin evening consumes them like the street lamp. Mar hasn't been downtown in a long time, but the recognizable path of the shadowed laneway brings her back into the stride of old memories, and by the time their route appears in view, she is half-lost in the mental images embraced there, rewinding the sniggers, brawls, and heartbreak.

Polly rounds the corner onto 96th, Marianna closes behind. The younger woman could sense the older woman's fear, which was a bit of a rarity if anyone had gone to ask her.

In the time leading up to their excursion, she had asked the elderly what their purpose was for their tour, and she received no words, yet she noticed her answer when she gazed into Polly Gray's eyes—Desperation

Polly Gray is desperate for an answer and is willing to visit the egregious foe's residence in search of one. She was desperate enough to drag Marianna James alongside her.

What are the answers for? She can't say, and she's not going to seek clarification except if the woman tells her.

Upon arriving at the doorstep of the infamous soothsayer, Marianna decided to keep her spot next to Aunt Polly, noticing how the woman formed a fist with both her hands. Polly decided to turn to face her, her eyes lubricated. Marianna gave her a tiny, soothing smile, sensing the woman's cancerous anxiousness, and realising she ought to be the encouragement she was supposed to be.

"Let's go?" Mar inquired timidly.

Pol nodded, ingesting the bulge in her throat. "All right, let's go."

As soon as they entered the dimly lit place, they we're slapped with the familiar smell of herbs and smoke.

There are five chairs in the room, the other four was occupied by three woman, one of which is the star of the night and one man. Apparently, it looks she's not part of the party.

Awkwardly, Marianna stood behind and watched Polly removes her coat and hat. She took the option of not having a choice of doing anything as her chance to roam her observant eyes around the small space, there's more than one coat racks on the corner beside these coat racks situate a small circle table occupied by unscented lit candles. There are three shelves of herbs which reminds her of the ones at her grandma's vardo. But other than this, the room is nothing like a person will live in. The place is not a home, it's an office.