𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫 ; character's strong but my head is loose

✵ ──────────────── ✵

iv. twenty-four: ❝ character's strong but my head is loose ❞

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: greek tragedy - the wombats

──────── ✵ ────────

Somewhere in London

── ✵ ──

In the midst of the bustling activity, the air was thick with the scent of commerce and the hum of clandestine dealings. Thomas Shelby found himself surrounded by the familiar faces of his comrades.

Johnny Dogs, a loyal ally in the Shelby ranks, engaged Thomas in conversation as they observed the shipping of the alcohol.

"So, how is your life then, Tom?" Johnny Dogs inquired, his voice cutting through the ambient noise.

"On the up, Johnny, on the up." Thomas replied, his gaze focused on the ongoing operations.

"But, Tom, really, come on, how is it? You know I hate to see you not even married yet." Johnny, ever the confidant, pressed further. "How's things with Mari, yeah, marry her now, Tommy. I told you; she'll make your life hell."

Thomas's expression remained guarded; his thoughts veiled behind the stoic exterior. "Thinking of that, Johnny. Thinking of that."

"You deserve her!" Johnny Dogs declared emphatically. "We haven't had a good old wedding in a long time."

"Rather look inside these boxes, then, Johnny?" Thomas, however, deflected the focus from personal matters, steering the conversation back to the task at hand.

Johnny Dogs chuckled, displaying his characteristic wit. "What do I want to look at car parts, Tommy, when I haven't even got a car?"

Thomas, ever pragmatic, slung an arm on his shoulder. "Faith in family's a fine thing, eh? And I wouldn't even be counting. Twenty-five becomes 24, then 24 it is."

"Oh, you know I'm no good with numbers, Tom." Johnny Dogs, conceding with a good-natured jest.

"And if 24 ever became 23, then that'd be tax. We don't pay tax." Thomas asserted firmly.

"No, Tom." Johnny Dogs affirmed.

"Good man." Thomas acknowledged.

The exchange encapsulating the Shelby ethos of loyalty, family, and a firm resistance against external forces, even in the mundane details of counting and taxation.

── ✵ ──