𝐢𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ; start a fire

✵ ──────────────── ✵

ii. thirteen : ❝ start a fire ❞

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: favorite liar - the wrecks

──────── ✵ ────────

Somewhere in Small Heath

── ✵ ──

Dusk has departed, sun-bathe ascends, and fumes rise. The darkness ebbed away, and it was daybreak. The sun rises over the trees, and Mar spends her early morning in her new garden, cutting anemones for her window vases with Diego's hot cup of tea.

Despite the lack of sleep, heading for work that morning wasn't that depraved. She could hear the whispers of a good day, and it made her look out at the expanse. Hitherto, the incontestable sensation of desolation is still there, haunting the crooks of her wits.

It was Polly's day, and as much as she wanted to stay in her new place of residence, she had been assigned to be with Thomas. After all, it had been her idea what was about to unfold that day. 

However, seconds turned to minutes, and minutes turned to hours when the betting shop opened its doors, and the image of the grey lady's wavy locks was never to be detected. Of course, Mar and Tommy had other options in case their original plan was unsuccessful, yet the first and foremost arrangement was what they favoured to get done.

She was checking the listings with Arthur while John talked absurdity in front of them when Diego opted to start talking.

"What time has it become? Should we rush to break in now?"

"Would you please cease pursuing your barbaric ideas, Diego?" Mar reproved, glaring irritably at her cousin. "You're acting a lot like John."

"Oi! I'm not barbaric!" Her best friend retorted. "He's barbaric."

John points a chalk at his other brother, looking in his general direction. Mar followed his gaze and found Thomas scowling deeply at the brickwork.

"Is he okay?" she sought to ask nobody, rendering the response for every individual near her.

With an arm behind her chair, Arthur laughed beside her. "That's Tommy; he's never okay."

The James woman cracked a small smile in response to Diego and John's laughter, but she continued to be aware of Thomas' gloomy appearance. How come she didn't notice it sooner? He is different in some way, and that is worrying.

Mar looked down at the ground as she shook free of her diversion, and when she looked up, her golden eyes met his blue ones.

"What's so funny?" he asked as he approached their area, his eyes hanging on her, the bitter gaze making her curious what he was thinking.