𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 ; second guessing, counting blessings

✵ ──────────────── ✵

iii. seventeen : ❝ second guessing, counting blessings ❞

𝐏𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠: waste my time - the crystal casino band

──────── ✵ ────────

Somewhere in Small Heath

── ✵ ──

As Marianna slowly opened her eyes to the morning light filtering through the curtains, she expected to find Thomas beside her, the warmth of their shared space comforting. However, the emptiness beside her was a stark reminder of reality. Confusion and a hint of sadness crept into her thoughts as she sat up, glancing around the room.

The crisp morning air greeted Marianna as she stepped out of the watery lane house. The echoes of the night's emotions lingered in her mind as she navigated the familiar cobblestone streets towards her own dwelling. Each step felt like a silent reflection on the intricacies of relationships and the ebb and flow of connection.

The city around her began to wake up, and the streets slowly filled with the hustle and bustle of daily life. As Marianna walked, she couldn't shake the mix of emotions that accompanied her. The sun, now fully risen, cast long shadows on the cobblestones, mirroring the complexities of her thoughts.

The gentle aroma of tea filled Marianna's dwelling as she prepared a comforting brew. The rhythmic sound of boiling water and the clinking of the teacup against the saucer provided a sense of grounding amid the swirling thoughts in her mind.

With a steaming mug in hand, Marianna settled into a cosy chair by the window. The morning sunlight spilled through the curtains, casting a warm glow on the space around her. She wrapped her hands around the mug, seeking the soothing warmth it offered.

As Marianna gazed out of the window, the city unfolded before her like a tapestry of life. People hurried along the cobblestone streets below, lost in their own worlds, much like Marianna found herself contemplating the journey she was on.

Sipping her tea, Marianna allowed the comforting blend of flavours to calm her senses.

The unexpected sight of a white envelope on the table caught Marianna's attention, its presence contrasting against the warm hues of her tea and the cosiness of her dwelling. Her brownish-green eyes focused on the familiar handwriting, recognising it as the letter Louis had handed her the night before.

Curiosity mingled with anticipation as Marianna carefully opened the envelope. Inside, she found an elegant invitation—an embodiment of formality and purpose.

Dear Miss James,

I'm inviting you for a late lunch meeting in London at The Royal Savoire at 1:30 PM this coming Sunday. Your attendance will be seen as a sign of your interest to our business proposal, which will be discuss at the lunch. Me and my wife are looking forward on seeing you again.