Chapter 16

Hunter's POV

"Hey, Eight. I think I am in love with you." I received this message from Lyrics when he returned to the main house.

I think I won't be able to focus right now.

I decided to run outside. I am so nervous.

I don't know how to react in front of him.

If it is true that he is in love with me, my feelings will be secure now. I know once he fell for someone, it will stay that way unless he is different from his family.

I will have a combat shooting test next week. They are rushing to choose the new commander now. I need to practice precision, accuracy and speed. I went to the shooting range. A machine will be firing me too while I am trying to hit the target.

I'd been practicing for a few hours already when Lyrics's dad arrived. He was holding a rifle.

"It is good that you are here." He greeted me with his rifle pointing in my chest.  "Can you please adjust the target board for me? I want to test this new model." He finally put down his rifle.

"Yes, sir." I went to the target area to pull the huge target board. I am not done fixing it when I heard the sound of the metal click. I docked right away.

"Bullseye." He exclaimed. "This is a great one." I saw the board. The huge hole it made was in the center of two eyes.

Fuck. He didn't let me leave the area first.

"I am sorry. I got excited about my new possession. I forgot that you are there. Did your knees collapse?" He smirked.

"No, sir." I stood behind him again.

He showed off his skills while I am watching him. I know this means something. Sir Axl never talked to me before even though I was once in charge of Sir Licah. By how he acts today, he knew it already. Maybe he knows Lyrics's unsure feelings for me before his son confessed to me. Lyrics has no filter, and he doesn't care about how people see him. He is a confident person.

"I love Lyrics." I said to his dad out of nowhere.

He shifted his gaze to me.

"You what? How old are you?"

"I turned twenty-two, sir. I love Lyrics. I am waiting for the right time to tell him. He is not ready yet and I am not in a rush. It doesn't matter if he will accept me or not. You don't have to worry, sir. I will protect him,may it be as a lover or just as his bodyguard. I will never let anyone hurt Lyrics. I will protect him from everyone even from myself. I am in love with Lyrics." I bowed in front of him before leaving. I need to go back to my room since it is my off and I need to rest.

"Hey!" His dad called me. "My son is too young for this. He is not aware of the consequences of what he is doing. He is careless. He is our precious son, and I will never stop him from loving who he wants to love. If he chooses you, I will really kill you without hesitation if you hurt him. I swear, I will."

He focused on the range again.

"I will be the last person to hurt Lyrics."

Shit! I remembered what I did to him in the morning. My hand acted before my brain. I hope he isn't hurt that much.

I want to sleep longer so I used the spare room. Who knows if Lyrics will really strangle me to death while sleeping?

Rogue woke me up for dinner time. We are only eight here since most of the bodyguards use their off outside to date and to go home to their families. I don't want to meet mine. We can have off anytime as long as Lyrics has no plan to be outside. I preferred mine to be on Tuesdays and Sundays.