Chapter 37

Lyrics's POV

"We don't like you for our son. If ever you got married to our boy Hunter, I swear I will use all the seconds of my life torturing you. You are so ugly. You are such a brat. Hunter deserves to marry a beautiful woman who can carry his children. You are a nobody compared to Hunter." His mom stood before me.

I was about to slap her when Hunter slapped me instead.

How could you hurt me? You slapped me? This is not happening.

Hunter is glaring at me. He is ready to kill me.

"You can hurt anyone, but not my family. Let's break up, Lyrics. I am tired of you."

I can't move. I was left standing here. Here comes rain to be more dramatic.

"Let's break up, Lyrics. I am tired of you."

His words keep echoing.

Aaaaaaahhhhh!

I was left standing while seeing him walk away from me. These traitor tears are falling nonstop.  Hunter just broke up with me. I don't want to look pathetic. I can't help but cry.

I woke up crying. That dream seems so real. I looked at my boyfriend who is sleeping soundly.

That dream was so painful. What if it happens for real? I should be careful dealing with hunter's mom. He might really break up with me if I hurt his mom. It would be a really big problem.

I got up to get water outside. Their house is kinda creepy. It was deadly quiet. Of course, it should be since it is already two in the morning. I was almost in the kitchen when I heard a woman speaking. "Hunter can't be with a Kirigun. This will be a huge problem once his uncle finds out." It was his mom's voice.

"Hunter has decided already. We all know him, he won't enter this situation if he has no backup plans. He might not be serious with that kid." It was his dad.

"Damn! I can't just imagine attending a wedding with those assholes. I might just kill them when I see them up close. I don't like that Lyrics. Hunter can't marry that guy." You don't know how much I hate you too.

"Hunter is just playing around. He is not serious. Do not worry." It was his dad consoling his mom.

I faked a cough to catch their attention.

"I am sorry to break this to you, but Hunter is so serious about me. Don't worry because I don't like you too. I won't be affected just because of your words. I might know him well more than you do. Hunter loves me, either you accept it or not, I don't really care. At the end of the day, it would be Hunter's decision. And I know he is going to choose me, so deal with it." I need to show them that I am not affected at all. Hunter said he loves me, and I trust his words.

His mom walked closer to me. "Let's see how long you will act confident in front of us. He might choose you against us, but if he rejected his responsibility in our family, Kate will be trained next in line. Who do you think is more important for Hunter? You or his beloved cousin? You are just a temporary boyfriend, Kirigun. He will quit being commander soon and choose to expand our empire. Enjoy while it last." She smirked at me.

"I'll be the one to decide if I'll be temporary or not. I might ask my boyfriend not to be associated with you once I get pissed. We both know that he will follow what I want. I am not afraid of anyone, especially not you."