Chapter 56

Trigger warning: contains suicide

Hunter's POV

A week before our third monthsary, my uncle keeps bugging me to inform him of the schedule of sir Axl. He told me that this will be the only help he needs from me. I ignored the request. I pledged to be an Elite and I couldn't betray them. He said it would be the only way that I can save Lyrics from them. They know Ly's schedule and I know that they hired an insider in the mansion. I badly need to know who it is before it is too late. This must be from the ace because they know everything.

"Die." The only word I replied to him before blocking his number.

It didn't end there because I am receiving short notes in my office. "Lyrics is in the school."
"That ice cream he is holding is so good."
"white shirt, pink pants."
"your time is ticking."

I know they are watching Ly and they are letting me know in exchange for sir Axl's info. No one knows Sir Axl's schedule. He doesn't usually go out. And even if I know the details, I would never say something to them.

On our third monthsary, I was able to step onto the third floor.

"I have an idea what is happening and you'll die in my hands if you choose the wrong path." Sir Axl warned me. He knows my family, the main reason why he doesn't want Ly to be associated with me. He knows it ever since I applied as an Elite but he never discriminated me. He knows what is my family's business, hired by the clients to assassinate. That is why even though our family owns a huge manufacturer of firearms, they never do business with us. As of now, it was only Sir Axl and sir Aidan who knows my family's background. I couldn't disappoint them. It was shameless for me to be facing them right now when my uncle is the reason why sir Maru was caught in an accident before. Yes, it was shameless of me to be an Elite and my only way to make it up to them is to protect this family, even against my own blood.

That building facing the mansion's terrace has been empty for years. I was on alert when I saw a man standing near the window. Damn it. I badly want to go and check it right now but Lyrics's sultry eyes are not helping me at all. I know what he wants and he would go moody if you don't give in to what he wants.

The first thing I plan this morning is to go to that abandoned building. As I opened the door, Hero jumped at me right away.

"Hi there, pupu! Just stay here for now. Mommy is sleeping." I was about to leave him there but he followed me to the stairs. I have no choice but to grab his leash and bring him with me. I changed my clothes to run a few laps as an excuse.

The building was empty but I saw a telescope and binoculars left near the window. I tried to check them and they can really see what is happening on the terrace from here. Ly can't go there anymore. I need to warn him later.

I went straight to the control room to ask Bridge the copies of the CCTV from the day that I received the letters. There is always no clue. It would be really impossible that it can't be caught on camera. Many elites go in and out of my office especially the leads of every team. Could it be Rock? He has been the head bodyguard of Ly for years. When I asked sir Axl before that in case something happens to me, who would he recommend as the commander, he answered with Rock. He is strong, smart, and most especially trusted by Lyrics. That is why I've been meeting with Rock three times a week to train him more in case he would need to lead. In case something happens to me. He is probably the one sending me notes. He is my main suspect for now. I need to observe him. He could be the commander if he applied for the position, but he chose to be the leader of Ace. Their only responsibility is to protect Ly at all costs.

"Sir, emergency near the gate," Rock reported to me.

I saw Lyrics smiling while looking at his photo covered with blood stains. We brought the specimen to the lab and I found out that it was real blood, the blood of one of my uncle's guards.