Chapter 39

Hunter's POV

I am currently in my room. I just finished showering and am ready to call Lyrics. He is now grounded because he didn't ask permission that he will come with me. It was my fault, I should have asked his dad instead. I am not aware that Lyrics didn't tell them.

Lyrics rejected my call.

What is this again this time? Please answer the call as I badly need to sleep early. I am graduating and I have a lot on my plate right now.

"Baby, is there a problem?" I let out a deep breath after sending this message.

"Who is cuter? Mika or me?" Lyrics replied.

"You of course. Mika isn't cute at all." I smiled before replying. I can't believe that I am having this kind of talk with my boyfriend.

"Hunter!!! Gio said that Mika is so pretty!"

"Baby, Gio isn't your boyfriend. You shouldn't care what he thinks about Mika."

"Hunter!"

"Answer my call, beautiful."

"I don't want to. I am so mad right now."

Lyrics was born just to be mad every second of his life. He is always annoyed for some reason. It is actually better when Sunny is around him. He is a good best friend to Lyrics. I know one day, Ly will forgive him too.

"Don't be mad, baby. I wish I could go to your room and hug you until you fall asleep." The time will come when I will be able to step on that floor too. It is too early for that now. I want Lyrics to be sure of me. I need to prove to him yet that I am the one.

"Do you want to?" Lyrics asked.

"Baby, can you please answer my call now? Not even a slightest that I think Mika is beautiful."

Lyrics called me instead. "I am bored, Hunter. Gio keeps annoying me."

"Then don't talk to him. I'll be early at school tomorrow. Do you want to go to class with me?"

I missed those times when I send Lyrics to school. I can't do that now because I have a bigger responsibility in the mansion.

"Alright. Will you drive me to MSU?" He is now facing the camera. I can only stare at him. When I said he is beautiful, there is no lie intended. Every part of him is beautiful. Indeed, I don't see Mika as attractive at all. Maybe her beauty passed the standard for the majority of men, but not to me though. I am focused on Lyrics, and anyone else just looks average to me.

"Yes, baby. Let's sleep early okay? Good?"

"I don't want to. I can't sleep so you should wait for me." He put his phone on the pillow and just faced me. I did the same by lying on my side while watching him watch me.

"What if Mika and I are both drowning, who are you going to save first?" Lyrics asked.

"Baby, you are very good at swimming. I don't think there will come a time that you will drown." Actually, Lyrics is good at everything. I think when God showered some talents, Lyrics was wide awake catching every drop of it.

"So are you saying that you'll save Mika instead? Got it! Bye!" He ended the call.

My head is aching again. Why is he so sensitive?

I tried calling him again.

"Just go to Mika. Bye." Lyrics sent me a message.

"Can we stop talking about her? It's really not worth it to fight for someone irrelevant to our lives. Fine, I will save you when that happens. I will even kick Mika so she can drown faster. We good?" What the hell am I talking about?