ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 5

"Make sure you use the parchment with my seal on it," Kalego spoke. "I will know immediately if it's fake." He held the brownish paper that had red writings over it between his fingers.

"Uhm, is it going to be dangerous?" I heard a dragon girl (?) ask. "What a foolish question!" Kalego exclaimed.

"You will be summoning a subordinate and making it serve you." He explained. "That is what familiars are," Kalego spoke solemnly. He glared at everyone harshly, holding up the cute explanation thing.

"And should a familiar disobey its master..." there was a crackle and light, a hole showing up in the explanation thingie. "There WILL be punishment." He added. Jeez, why does it make it sound so scary?? I gulped down, staring at the grumpy teacher. "That is how deep the blood pact is."

He walked past Iruma and me, probably intimidating Iruma. I stood up straight, my back straighter than I am, feet together. I was going to show this teacher that we were going to do good. "Make sure you are prepared." He gave one last glance at me and Iruma before fully walking away.

He walked up to the front of the summoning circle (that I now only found out its name) and raised his voice: "Line up in an orderly fashion!" I grumbled at him, looking at Iruma. "Let's show this teacher, huh?" I nudged him a bit.

"That man isn't even trying to hide his animosity," Azz-Kun spoke and I nodded to his words. "I'll gladly charge at him if you gave me the order!" Azz-Kun offered to which Iruma quickly declined.

"You there!" Kalego yelled at us. "Get in line! Now!" We all quickly followed the others to the back of the line.

The first person was the girl who Iruma saved from Azz-Kun I believe. She stood over the fire, seal in hand as everyone (including me) watched her. She lit the paper on fire, just as instructed and a cloudy mist came.

Emerged, was a not-so-bad-looking blue cloud fox. The girl looked happy as excitement kinda bubbled inside me as this was also my first time ever doing ANYTHING with familiars.

Heaven never let us talk or summon our familiars so most people grow up not knowing about them. Other people were called or went up, showing off their familiars as I got more and more curious about what Iruma's, Azz's, and mine would look like.

Finally, it was Azz-Kuns turn.

He bit his thumb with his teeth and drew on the parchment with his blood. Then he lit the paper and a cloudy mist formed! ARH WHAT'S IT GONNA BE? I thought. It's probably something cool!

When the smoke cleared the familiar he had was... a giant snake? Badass I say. The snake was a warm, pinkish-white color with purple around the eyes, dark purplish-pink horns,s and purple wings.

"Wow! That looks so cool." I muttered. Iruma looked kind of amazed too but honestly, it was Azz-Kun. Of course, he was amazing, on top of his classes and all.

Azz-Kun and Iruma locked eyes before Azz smiled. "Iruma-Sama!" Iruma went to Azz, That's amazing Azz-Kun!" Iruma praised. "Your both so cool!"

"You humble is with your kindness." Was Azz'sresponsed as he bowed, his Gorgon Snake following. "But this is nothing compared to the familiar you're about to summon!" Azz exclaimed.

Iruma seemed to panic at his words, had he never summoned before? "Do not worry, my dear Iruma!" I chuckled, slinging my arm around his shorter figure. "I too, have never summoned a familiar before."

He gave a short, nervous laugh but nodded along. I hummed as I listened to who was next. "I'm not too sure about that..." he muttered to Azz.

"M/n!" I perked up at my name. "You're next! Iruma, your last." All of a sudden nervousness and fear washed over me.