ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 12

I adjusted the handle of my bookbag and stared at the tallest person in the room, Sabro. He had declared himself the next demon king with such confidence... he sounded stupid. So fucking stupid and this is coming from a person who was supposed to become a king. So I know. "One cannot just declare themselves Demon King," I spoke to him. "You must undergo training and thousands of classes and deal with the problems your people would have," I added.

"I have been training!" Sabro responded. "And I will train for as long as needed to become demon king! I will become Yodh and become the strongest!" he declared again. I sighed tiredly and placed my bag near Claras.

"Uhm, what's this about 'Thou', 'I', and 'Yodh'?" Iruma nervously asked. He jumped a bit as Sabro pointed at him and said "'Thou is you! 'I' is me! and Yodh is the strongest and highest demon rank!"

Grammy and Sullivan are ranked Tet and K and V are ranked, uh, five I think it was. What was the name... ranked He! That's what it was, hm but I didn't undergo training as they did... I thought. I wonder what rank I'm gonna be placed in. I thought again. Since I most definitely wasn't the strongest I wasn't going to be placed over He but I don't think I was that weak.

"The Demon King is the most powerful of all the demons and their ruler!" Sabro interrupted my thinking and ripped me back to reality. And again, he declared himself to be the next demon king. I sighed again and kind of nodded along.

There was a very low chance that he was going to become the demon king.

Clara shimmed herself in between me and Iruma, to which I stepped to the side to make space for her. She stared at Sabro in amazement and said "He's so huge! He's like a mountain!" Was that a compliment or an insult? I thought when the girl said that. At least it wasn't toward me.

I patted her head (which made her very happy), and Sabro explained that because he was going to be the next demon king, he disliked anyone who might be ranked higher. I watched him ad he gripped the sword so tightly, it cracked, revealing orange. Then it shattered, making me back away because, ya know, sword shards.

"That's why you picked a fight with the teacher and ended up here!" the same yellow-haired, black antenna boy remarked at Sabro. "Yeah, you even made it to the school papers!" Jazz held up a newspaper that had a picture of Iruma flipping Azz over and Sabro holding a weapon of some sort to a teacher as Clara tried to measure Sabro's height.

"I figured defeating a teacher was the quickest way to climb up the ranks!" The tall male admitted with confidence. That's like picking a fight with the strongest person in jail. A very dumb move. I remarked inside my head. I looked over to Clara who whipped out a height measurer from her pockets and tried to measure Sabro's height again.

"I see." Iruma replied with nervousness in his voice but Sabro responded with a "Don't 'I see' me!" in a very loud tone of voice. He got very close to Iruma's face and pronounced "You didn't even know what Yodh was! And you call yourself a demon!?"

I noticed Iruma looking very nervous and quickly pulled him away before he could get into any fights even if he started them or not. Azz and I stepped in front of him as I said "Alright big guy." I spoke with clear boredness in my voice. "That's enough rudeness from you," Azz added to my words, making him sound dangerous, which he probably was.

"Ah, Asmodeus." He acknowledged the pink-haired male. "Asmodeus, the top of the class. I heard you even summoned a Gordon Snake as your familiar." Sabro stared down at Azz, arms crossed against his chest as Azz stared right back at him with a dangerous glare.

"Indeed he did," I spoke up, hands stuffed into my pants pockets. I watched the tension now that I backed off to the side but I still stood by Iruma and kept a close eye on Clara because ANGEL KNOWS what she would do.

"But I summoned a Kelbie!" Sabro boasted. "It has more legs than yours so I win!" He declared. "A snake doesn't have legs period!" I groaned, massaging my temples in annoyance at these two. I could tell they were gonna dislike each other. "That's such a dull-witted reason for a win." I fake sobbed to Iruma who gently laughed.

Clara kept trying to measure Sabro's height as he mentioned "Of course the moment you became the honor student's slave, you were no longer considered a worthy rival." I had to agree with that, I mean Azz was intimidating but after Iruma defeated him, he was harmless. Unless Iruma said so of course.

Sabro and Azz bickered for a little while longer, at this point I was getting tired of hearing their voices and their bickering until Azz said he was Iruma's friend. At this, I noticed everyone getting confused and remembered: Demons don't know what friends are.

"What is he talking about?" the tall girl questioned, talking about what Azz just said. "I've never heard that word before." Two other males added to the convo. "Yay! Friends!" Clara spoke behind Sabro. I saw Azz smile and say "Let me explain it to you."

"Friends spend time with you and share your pleasure and pain and form a blood pact of their willingness to die for each other! They are people who are there for you through thick and thin and are life-long people who commit their lives to a platonic relationship!"

Azz was basically glowing when he said his dramatized version of friends with a hand over his heart. It was so bright, it was defeating Sabro with dramatic wind and Sabro had to shield himself. It was literally the definition of 'The power of Friendship'. "Way to dramatize it." I laughed a bit at the funny scene in front of me as people talked about the newfound word, friends.

BOOM

The wooden doors of the Misfit's class burst open, making me jump and almost hide. I quickly averted my [eye color]ed eyes to the door and saw Kalego-Sensei. "Silence!" He ordered. I watched as the bucket and skull activated once the doors opened and weapons started flying everywhere.

"Bet none of the weapons are going to hit him!" I quickly called out as I watched swords fly. "20 bucks and you're on!!" I heard someone call right after me. I grinned as Kalego held a hand out, purple magic emitting from his palm. A shield formed from his hand so none hit him but Kalego looked mad. "I can hear you from outside, can't you be more silent?" he spoke.

"Damnit." I turned around to see the yellow hair male look pouty. I slipped through everyone with a smile, taking a seat on the desk next to him. "Aw shucks man," I spoke with fake empathy. He looked at me and we stared at each other for a few minutes.

"PFFT-" the boy had to cover his mouth so he wouldn't get caught laughing by an angry teacher. I ended up quietly laughing too. I watched as everyone started going to their seats. I felt something slip into my hand and knew it was a crumpled 20 bucks from the boy.

I got up and slipped the 20 bucks back into his pants pockets before going to the seat behind him. I made sure to move into a spot where I wouldn't block anyone's vision because that was always so annoying so I didn't want to annoy anyone by doing it.

Kalego summoned a book with his magic and stated he was going to do roll call. I made sure to match the names being called with the face that answered. The boy who gave me the 20 was Shax lead, and Jazz was the person who was in Come-Come's book.

"Iruma?" Iruma nervously answered with a shakey here and Kalego took one last look at the book. "M/n L/n-Alsim?" He spoke. "Here!" I called. He thought for a moment, and asked me "Are you related to those two popular dem-dols? What were their names..."

"K and V!" Kerori answered. As soon as she realized that she had spoken out loud, she blushed madly. "Those two very famous dem-dols are K and V who also have other occupations..." she finished nervously.

"Heh, you're right." I spoke to both Kalego and Kerori. "K and V are my siblings but those are just stage names. And they do have other jobs." I explained to the class, waving my hand as a dismissal sign.

"I was just curious." Kalego said. "Now for order of business..." He checked the book once more then slammed it an the table.

"All of you! Outside, now."

——
I'm updating this book right now because this is literally my hyper fixation right now so I'm like pumping out chapters before it ends.

I've also watched other shows (Romantic Killer and Blue Lock) but yeah, hope you enjoyed. Please vote or comment! Tell me if I made a mistake.

-B_R