ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14

"M/n, I can't believe you would do something so STUPID!" Wonder scolded me. I was about five or six when I played with dangerous things. A knife, more specifically. We were in the kitchen and my friends were trying to teach me how to make food.

But instead, I got curious and played with the knife, resulting in a small cut on my left palm. "I'm sorry Wonder," I spoke in my best, politest manner (I was still taking Manner's Classes) as Wonder gently wrapped bandages around my palm. "You're lucky it isn't deep so it shouldn't scar," he added as he made a little bow to tie it together.

"M/n?"

"Huh?"

"M/n!" I heard a voice call me. "I-Iruma...?" Everything around me was black, dark, and a little chilly. My hands shook and trembled but I couldn't remember why. I wasn't nervous, I was very calm. It took a short while for me to regain my vision as I shifted my body, in hopes of getting up. I was still a little shaky. I felt someone, Iruma most likely, help me up, as I tried to remember what happened.

That bitch, Kalego - sensei pushed me off that cliff!

"That bitch!" I angrily muttered but shook it off. Kalego didn't let me finish my sentence or he just didn't hear me. "M/n-Kun. Are you alright?" I heard Iruma say to me softly. "Yeah-" I groaned a bit, rubbing my head. "I'm alright, I think." I smiled at the shorter male.

It took me a second to realize where we were. I didn't recognize it at all. It seemed to be a nest of some sort. "Where are we?" I questioned Iruma, to which he looked around. A shuffle was heard and a shadow loomed over us, making our eyes go wide with surprise.

A giant, fluffy bird, a tannish white color, with a purple beak and purple horns, and a forehead mark stared down at us with widened, angry black-purple eyes. I could feel the color drain from my body as I thought 'This is it, this is my end'. It cawed at us, twice, causing us to back away from it.

I felt calm for someone who was gonna die.

It tried to attack us, but it seemed like something was weighing it down. Was it hurt? It stood up, still cawing and trying to attack us with its beak but it seemed like it couldn't. "Iruma...?" the boy nudged me softly, staring at something with his eyes.

I looked at him, then back at the bird, and, OH! There was a scar on its leg. "Oh, I see," Iruma spoke, his voice gently and soft as if trying to relax the bird. "You're just hurt and scared," he added. He wanted to help the bird, for someone who was a demon, he was awfully sweet and kind.

He spotted a sharp branch and thought. "Iruma!" I said to him. "What are you thinking about??" I watched as he grabbed it and looked at the bird. He held out his arm, slowly getting up, showing that he meant no harm.

No harm to the bird, I mean.

"It's okay!" Iruma reassured. "Just watch." I stared at him, my [eye color] eyes widened with shock as I watched him slowly cut the back of his hand. It was a quick cut, and small so it shouldn't scar.  A small gasp escaped my lips but he carefully took a handkerchief and wrapped it around his harmed hand. 

My eyes watched the bird as well, it seemed confused and tilted its head but continued to watch the boy. Iruma held up his wrapped bandaged hand and spoke "This is what I want to do to you." Oh, he wanted to demonstrate so the bird wouldn't get worried.

The bird and Iruma stared into each other's eyes as I kinda sat there, confused about what to do. Finally, I stood up and walked to Iruma's side. "See?" I gently moved my hair so he could see the wound I got from Kalego when he pushed me off the cliff (I'm still bitter about that if you couldn't tell). "We're both hurt and we want to help you," I said.

I gently touched the scar but I winced, loudly. It still hurt. There was a bit of blood on my fingers but I wiped it on my clothes, no use crying about spilled blood.

Finally, the bird gently sat down and (gracefully), placed its leg out for Iruma and me to heal. We slowly walked to the wound, thanking it as Iruma unbuttoned his jacket to place it on the wound. I bent down, not touching the wound but inspecting it.

"This is pretty bad, "I spoke. I looked t the bird, wanting to ask how it got hurt so badly. When I turned my head back, it healed. "Huh?" we all asked. What happened? "Iruma??" I got up and gripped Iruma's shoulders. "Did you just heal the bird??"

A small smile (forced) appeared on my face as he looked kind of shocked. "That's so cool!" I gently laughed as I inspected the wound. The bird seemed happy, now that it was healed. the bird cawed happily and we all laughed.

Iruma smiled at the bird, saying he was happy it healed. There were almost sparkles and light around him, causing me to look away quickly. WHY DOES HE LOOK LIKE THAT?? WHERE DID THOSE SPARKLES COME FROM???

The bird's face came close it us as I remembered: "Oh, right, we were gonna get eaten." Instead, it nudged us with its beak, causing me to go into a fit of laughter. It felt so sweet and soft but then it picked us up with its beak and placed us on its back.

"Waaaa! The fur is so soft!!" I gently hugged the bird as I heard Iruma laugh at me. "You're giving us a ride?" Iruma asked Birdy (yes, I'm calling it that now). It cawed, assuming it was a yes, and took flight.

It took us to a volcano of sorts, where a huge beast and Sabro were fighting. Wait, Sabro?? What in the world happened, why were they fighting? Well, knowing Sabro, he probably wanted to prove he was worthy of the demon king.

Before anything could happen, Iruma and I stepped in

----

Was planning on updating all of my books but I'm grounded lmao (I snuck onto my computer to update this-)

B_R