ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16

I waited at the end up of the line, in front of Iruma, for my ranking. Azz was first, demonstrating how to get the ranking badges. "He got Dalet!" I muttered when he pulled the badge out of the owl's pocket. I knew that Azz was an amazing demon but getting ranked 4? That was amazing!

Everyone started whispering and praising him. The others got ranks level 3 or lower. Clara got three, to which Azz was surprised. She got second place in the race after all.

"Good job Clara!" I praised and patted her on the head. It was Sabro's turn and he got Bet, rank 2. It was my turn. I reached into the pocket and pulled out a badge.

Rank... 3? My [eye color] eyes widened at the high ranking. "That's pretty good." Iruma patted my back with a laugh. I smiled back at him and stepped aside so Iruma could get his badge.

[A/n - THEY CHANGED IT TO THE DUBBED VERSION ON CRUNCHYROLL AS I WAS WRITING THIS! I'M SO ANGRY AND IM SORRY IF IT SOUNDS WEIRD A BIT]

He placed his hand in the owl's pocket, seemingly thinking of something. "You guys think he'll pull out something weird again?" Jazz laughed out as I let out a small chuckle.

"Like a bird familiar?" Lead slyly answered making Kalego mad. I sighed at my friend's antics, fixing the bandage on my head. "Maybe a person." I added which made them all laugh.

Kalego explained that the Rank Owl was always proper, not being able to be manipulated and things. "This owl hasn't made a peep in a century." I heard Kalego say. I rolled me eyes, strange things always happen but thought.

SQUAA

I jumped, the owl made a sound? Didn't Kalego just say it hasn't in a decade? Was he lying?? My [eye color] eyes landed on Iruma. Was it him? My eyes narrowed in suspicion, thinking. Is he... not a demon?

The owl screeched again and then started flying away, not letting Iruma get his badge. Iruma called out to it, but it never looked back as it flew. I snorted, laughing at the owl and Iruma.

I walked to him and stood by his side. "Jeez, you must be one hell of a demon, huh, Iruma?" I asked him jokingly as he sobbed a little. (No, i didn't mean for there to be a Black Butler reference)

There was a silence, I had just realized as I looked up. Everyone was stunned and staring at Iruma's hand, there eyes widened and mouths agape. Soon, I also turned my attention to his hand.

A ring? The ring had a purple aura flowing around it. That's... My eyes widened slightly. The gluttonous feeder ring! I read about that in Grammy's book! "Iruma-sama?" Azz asked. "Iruma-chi? What's on your hand?" Clara tilted her head and Iruma stoped raising his hand.

He seemed confused and tried to go talk to the others but they backed away. Sabro muttered things under his breath as I watched the interactions.

Squinting my eyes, I knew I saw that ring somewhere. Iruma continuously tried to get the ring off but to no avail. The more people started to avoid him, the more scared he got.

My eyes widened when I realized- the gluttonous feeder ring! It feeds on mama and stores it for later uses. "That's-"

I was I trusted by Elizabetta who was saying something about the black shadow on Iruma's shoulder. The black shadow??

"Iruma!" I called to him. He started to panick when he noticed the shadow. He started flailing around and trying to get rid of the shadow.

I raced to his side, grabbing his hand. I tried twisting and turning the ring but it didn't work. "You must calm down!" Azz reasoned. Sabro was mumbling to himself again (I was starting to get a lil irritated at this point) and brushed him off.

Then, the thing screamed. Loud. So so loud. "The thing doesn't effect me..?" I asked as I stood around awkwardly. Should I pretend it does? I thought.

I jumped, my mind suddenly hurting. Something dripped in my face... blood? My knees wobbled and fingers trembled.

I slowly sat down as blood continued to drip down my face. Did it soak through the bandage?? I groaned, my vision flickering.

Was the hit on my head that bad?

I watched as Iruma tried to sing the shadow so it would calm down, then Clara trying to sing to it. Her lullaby was adorable, don't get me wrong, but I don't thing it was the right time.

"Stop!" Declared Sabro. Pointing to himself, he declared he was going to take care of it. He walked to the shadow but as soon as it touched him, he fell to the ground.

Azz tried to do the same but he fell to the ground as well. "Let-" I took a breathe. "Let me try." I wobbled to my knees as I held out my arm.

It wasn't a vampire but I don't think I was in my right mind. I knew what it could do, suck all my energy. So what if it took an angels energy?

I looked at it as it bit (?) me. All my energy, my lifeforce was slowly being sucked away. It seemed happy with my energy, did it taste different?

"—/n!" Huh? I wobbled my head back and forth as I tumbled back. I held up a shaky thumbs up with a smile. "I'm alright!"

I was gently held, a warm figure pulling my close. "Grammy?" She placed me down and placed (what I'm assuming) was her jacket of sorts over me.

Then I blacked out.

I think, a few minutes later, I woke up.

——
Quite a rushed chapter, not proof read.

A few people wanted this to update so I tried to update quickly. My writing motivation has been down to hell lately so I apologize if it isn't the best

B_R