ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15

Before we had gotten there, Sabro was fighting the Guardian (like any stupid person would) while we were given a ride by Birdy who seemed to grow attached to us. And technically, it was more of Iruma who intervened. "Sabro!" I called out to him. "Iruma!? M/n?" Sabro was surprised to see us. "What art thou doing??"

I stood in front of Sabro, like Iruma, but facing him. I checked his wounds for any scars or bleeding in case anything needed to be wrapped. I didn't see what was happening but felt the cold air of someone raising their arm (in this case, the Guardians paw) and Sabro moving fast. He shoved the both of us out of the way, extremely prepared to get himself hurt.

I turned myself around as quickly as possible only to be met with the Guardian's paw. The Guardian's paw was at least an inch or so away from our faces when Birdy flapped in front of the Guardian's face. It flapped quite aggressively and cawed a lot, so I'm assuming that it was yelling. 

Sabro grabbed our heads and looked at us, making me tense up. "What art thou doing here??" he asked in a very aggressive tone. "What are we doing here?" I questioned back in a tone. "I saw you so we just..." Iruma trailed off. "We're saving your ass, that's what," I added since Iruma didn't continue.  We glared at each other as Iruma looked up at Birdy. Then Sabro looked at it, then me. "Could it be the Guardian of Cutthroat Valley's child?" Sabro questioned.

Oh

"That's the guardian of Cutthroat Valley?" I asked, turning back to Sabro. Why was he staring at the sword that was dropped? "Sabro," I spoke softly, in a warning tone. "Do not." We stared at each other but Iruma's gentle voice called out.

"Guardian!" he called. I turned to him, as he called out again with a smile on his face. "You're baby's foot is okay!" I stared at the Guardian and Birdy. "You must've been upset because your baby's foot was injured!" he explained as I kept a close eye on Sabro. He turned to look at the sword again so I stepped into his vision.

"Do not," I warned again, this time with seriousness in my voice. "We're going to get out of here alive so violence is not needed," I spoke with confidence, but my voice was in a low whisper. "It's okay! We won't do anything!" I turned around to speak to the Guardian, waving my hands so it could see I had no weapons.

Iruma and I turned to Sabro who STUPIDLY held the sword as if he was about to attack. "Right?" Iruma asked. Sabro tried to say this was a chance to attack but I glared at him with death in my eyes. "Right?" Iruma asked again with an innocent look. "Put it down." I threatened, ready to summon one of my familiars. 

He ended up putting it down as he held our hands out. The Guardian closed its eyes and did a bow to show its thanks, as did Birdy. Iruma and Sabro stood there, surprised as I had a small victory smile.

"The Guardian is ...bowing?" I heard Sabro say softly as Iruma bowed back. "Oh no, thank you! You're too kind!" He let out a laugh. "Really, it was no problem!" I added. Though I didn't do much. I thought kind of sadly. Iruma continued to talk to the Guardian as my [eye color] eyes began to wander around.

I found myself kind of admiring Iruma. "That's the honor student for you," I muttered under my breath with a smile. Then I looked away and at Birdy. Smiling, I gave it a wave but it flew around us. Picking us up, it placed us on its parent's back and settled next to us gently. "I can't get over how soft Birdy's feathers are!" I nuzzled my face on its feathers with such a happy smile as Iruma laughed. 

The Guardian flew us to the checkpoint as thanks. I wasn't complaining though, I couldn't fly without hurting myself so this was a huge bonus. AND BIRDY'S FEATHERS. Still cannot get over them.

By the time we were there, I saw Kalego ready to fight the Guardian and the other students looking amazed. I forgot for a second until I remembered, we were on the Guardian of Cutthroat Valley. I glared at Kalego with so much hatred that if looks could kill, he'd be dead. I fixed the bandage on my head and we all hopped down from the Guardian. "Thanks for the ride!" I called out. "Thank you! Take care!" Iruma added as well.

Birdy looked at me and turned around, shuffling gently. Then it flew around me, dropping a large tan-colored feather into my hands gently. It was soft and plushy, it felt as if it were a pillow, the kind that cost at least a hundred dollars for a good feeling. I know, I looked amazed, I know I looked like a child but come on! Birdy gave me a feather that felt like the softest material there was. "Ah- Thanks Birdy!" I gave a big smile to show my thanks. "Thank you so much! Please take care! I'll visit you again sometime!" I called to them as the Guardian and Birdy flew away. I smiled at them, such a small, genuine smile that was hard to differentiate from my 'I'm-smiling-so-I-don't-seem rude' smile.

"Thanks!" I said again. I carefully held the feather to my chest and turned around. Iruma, Azz, and Clara ran up to me and hugged me -I usually don't like being touched but I guess they can become exceptions-.

 Iruma, Azz, and Clara ran up to me and hugged me -I usually don't like being touched but I guess they can become exceptions-

I sat down on a blanket of sorts with a sign that said 'Last', with Iruma and Sabro on a board on my chest. Iruma's board said 'Reflecting', Sabro's said 'I won't break my promise' and mine said 'Be more Responsible'. Kalego decide that it would be a good idea to punish us for scaring the others like that and being very late.

"I will now be announcing your ranks," Kalego announced to the class as we three watched from behind. A white owl with three eyes flew down to Kalego's arm and he explained what the owl was and what it did; it was a ranking owl and we put our hands in its belly to get our ranks.

He turned to us, saying "You filth who came in last will also be ranked." Small rocks were thrown at Sabro by Clara who said 'You suck' as everyone in Misfits class laughed at us. Kalego smiled at our humiliation as I glared at him. "I still haven't forgiven you for my wound," I said through gritted teeth as he turned around. I fixed the bandages over my head (that Azz kindly gave me) so blood wouldn't spill out anymore.

Sabro also apologized to Iruma for being rude to him, complimented him, and then declared Iruma his rival. "Hey, you trash! Get in the back of the line!" I scoffed at the man who was mad for no reason and got up. Tossing the board to where I was sitting, I walked to the end of the line, still glaring daggers at the man.

He's cool and all but he is such an asshole

----

I have nothing today so I hope you comment and vote. Also, check out my other book, UNDECIDED, if you like School Bus Graveyard! Have a nice day/evening/night.

B_R