ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13

A wave of uneasiness washed through my body. The thing was, I don't know why I was nervous. My [eye color] eyes darted around the room, fiddling with the hem of my shirt and bouncing my legs up and down. I tried to stop myself but I started picking at the wooden table, keeping my eyes down but still watching everyone.

Fiddling, "That's an unruly habit! The Angel kind should not acquire such things!"  I remember her saying. I groaned inside my head, why did I think of her now?

I looked around the room again and pressed my lips into a thin line. "You idiotic troublemakers," Kalego spoke to us. "We're gonna determine your ranks." It's been a few days since we've come here. I thought. Why are we deciding on ranks now? But I declared; better late than never.

I heard the shuffling of students getting up and moving. I left my bag near my seat, grabbing only my [fave color] hellphone and my earphones/headphones. I asked Clara to hold on to it, to which she agreed.

The Misfits class walked further down from our classroom with these tent-like things right at the end of the cliff, I assumed they were hell's elevators or something of the sort

"The first lesson-" Kalego spoke, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Is a race to the flag at the end of this valley." We entered the elevators and it instantly transported us to a flat spot with a long trail of stairs and gates.

I stopped smiling to myself as I noticed we were king of... floating?? There were bunches and huddled of sharp, jagged rocks as well as dangerous tall ones and a low fog surrounded the very bottom of our Little Rock island.

"Your ranks will be determined by the familiar summoning exam, conducted previously, and this race," Kalego explained to us students while we stared in awe or amazement at the surroundings.

"Race to the flag, hm?" I questioned myself. What a boring and easy game! An Angel baby could do this, no problem.

"Your goal is to get to the flag that sits atop the cliff that's covered in mist far beyond the valley." I started at where he was pointing, it was so far away.

So far, that someone would need wings to get there.

"Never mind." I clenched my fist in anger and gritted my teeth. What am I gonna do now, I CANT use my wings! I thought for another moment but Kalego said he would explain the course and what paths we could take.

He snapped his fingers and a very, non-Kalego thing popped up with a jolly voice. "I will not explain the course!" It said. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion but listened.

It explained that the long path was Warbling Valley and the short path was Cutthroat Valley, also showing us the way the paths went.

Cutthroat Valley had a lot of more dangerous things and traps, countless mountains, and demonic birds trying to protect their nests.

"The Cutthroat Valley is shorter... but quite perilous." Azz noted and the rest of us agreed. The weird board thing finished talking but Kalego immediately stepped on it, probably breaking it.

He cleared this through and announced, "That's it for the explanation." Sabro, before Kalego could talk again, declared that the shortest way to win was getting through Cutthroat Valley but Kalego quickly shut him down.

He said "The only way this year is through Warbling Valley" but Sabro was not happy about it. "For some reason, the Guardian of Cutthroat Valley has been in a sour mood lately." He replied when Sabro asked him 'why'.

"The guardian of Cutthroat Valley?" Iruma asked politely, to which Kalego responded 'An enormous magical beast that rules over Cutthroat Valley.'

Iruma tensed up at the words 'magical beast' and I seemed to be the only one that noticed. So I gently placed a hand on his shoulder, signaling to him that it was alright. He seemed calmer after.

Kalego added that it was for our safety.

The large pair of purple gates creaked open, signaling that the race was about to start. OH FUCK, OH SHIT OH CRAP WHAT THE FUCK AM I GONNA DO, I CAN'T USE MY WINGS BECAUSE THERE FUCKING BURNT AND/OR UNCOOKED CHICKEN WINGS THE FUCK-

I walked to Iruma's side as everyone else positioned themselves in a flying position. They all had their purple bat-like wings out, shimmering and it took up a lot of space, enough to cramp me and Iruma together.

"We will now begin the race!" Kalego announced hand raised. "Ready... go!" Kalego waved his hand down and instantly, everyone took flight which created a dust cloud.

Everyone but me

Oh and Iruma. We were both tumbling due to the very strong wind, almost falling down the heugh. "Whoa- shit!" I hollered, making sure my feet didn't slip.

"Safe!" I heard Iruma declare next to me. "Ah, you too?" I said to the boy. "E-eh?" I nonchalantly shrugged my shoulders and responded "I can't fly." Iruma looked at me and I gave a small smile.

"It's a long stor- Ack-!" I yelped as someone (Kalego) shoved me and Iruma off the cliff. "Get moving." I heard Kalego say to us.

"Kalego-Sensei!" I cried. "I CAN'T FLY- AAAHHHH" I tried to warn the man but he slowly kept getting further and further until he was entirely away from my vision.

THUNK

As I fell, I slammed my head into a sharp piece of rock. I felt the strong wind go through my [fluffy/curly/straight/etc] [hair color] hair and ruffle through my clothes.

I looked up with my glossy [eye color] and saw the purple-blue sky and light pink-purple clouds but soon it started to get blurry.

Everything started to get blurry, actually.

Something dripped down from my head and I knew what it was; blood. I hit my head hard enough, to draw blood. It dripped down my temple, the side of my face, and eventually...

Everything went black

——
First time trying to do a cliffhanger. Do you guys like it? I hope you do. I don't really have anything to say but please vote or comment! Tell me if I made any grammar mistakes and I'll fix them

-B_R