off balance

POV || Choi Jisu

i sat in a chair that i pulled up close to ryujin's bed. i held her hand and gave it squeezes as i kissed her knuckles ever so softly.

i gazed upon her resting face and i couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle. she's so adorable.

i caressed her hand and lightly poked on her cheek, "where's your whiskers, my love?". my smile slowly faded, the girl who made me feel emotion can no longer express it herself.

a tear fell from my eyes and slowly rolled down my face. i faced down and let my black hair fall in front of my face. i sat there in silence until a knock upon the door got my attention.

"jisu?"

i heard my name be called and so i looked up to the person at the door. it was Yeji.

"hey, are you okay?" she came over to me. i saw Chaeryeong come in as well, both of the girls had concerned looks.

"y-yeah. just, i-i...i dont know. i wish i would've had her check it out or that she talked to me about it" i looked down at the floor and played with my fingers.

"no, no.." yeji took my hands in hers, "..this is not your fault".

i looked up to her face as she gave me a reassuring smile. Chaeryeong came over and hugged me really tightly. she didn't even have to ask how i was doing, she just knew.

that's why i love my best friend. she's always there when i need her.

"it will be alright, Julia. i'll be right here the whole time" Chaeryeong lied my head on her shoulder and caressed my other hand.

i sighed, shakily, but leaned my head back up to speak. "yuna warned me. i should've known" i stood up after the final words and walked out of the room. i just needed some air to breathe.

i walked around the hospital to clear my mind. maybe i could figure out a way to get the transplant faster.

i cant lose her, she's my only light in this dark world.

i cant lose her and i won't.

i looked up at the wall in front of me and clenched my fists, i drew up my hand and punched the wall while letting a grunt fall from my lips.

shin ryujin...you're mine forever.