every part of you

POV || Hwang Yeji

i was leaning over the counter of the empty tattoo shop. ever since ryujin has been in the hospital, it feels like an abandoned building. i couldn't bare to keep the business going when she's not here with me.

i sighed out a breath i was holding as i lean up from the counter and take another look around at all the drawings and unfinished sketches of tattoos that ryujin dreamed of doing, skimming my fingers along the glass counter top. i tap my nails on the glass and few times before leaving the counter and going down the corridor.

i stopped at the first black door...ryujin's tattoo studio. i can still hear the laughter and smart remarks of her voice as the echo through my memory. her bright smiles and cute little whisker dimples that made me smile since the day i met her.

"ryujin-ah...you must come back soon" i said in a quiet trembling voice before turning off all lights and walking outside.

i sat in my car for a minute before i could even turn it on, thinking back to the first day we opened the shop.

finally, when i could, i turned on the car and drove off.

POV || Shin Yuna

"unnie, this was us with appa when we were little" i held up the picture book so she could see the photo, even if her eyes weren't open. i know she would recognize any picture that we have in this book. "he was feeding us and you decided to stick the chopsticks up your nose" i chuckled lightly.

my eyes welled with tears, daring to fall. "don't worry ryujin unnie, i'll be strong for the both of us"
i sniffled and closed the book with an aspirated sigh.

a warm hand touched my shoulder and gently caressed me, i looked up and gave a small smile.

"you're doing great yuna, she knows it too. you're the strongest girls i know" wonyoung gave me a bright smile and kissed my forehead lightly.

i nodded and stood up, giving ryujin a kiss on the head "i love you big sis, i'll be back"

POV || Choi Jisu

i knocked on the hospital door and yuna opened it. "i'm done unnie, you still have some time before she goes in for surgery" yuna gave a warm smile and hugged me.

i bid my goodbyes to yuna and wonyoung before going inside the room to ryujin.

"it's almost time, jagi. soon you will have no problems and won't be in pain" i said as i sat down in the chair besides ryujin's bed, holding her hand.

i peppered kisses along the back of her hand and her fingers, kissing all the artwork of her body.

"i love every part of you, even if you are ashamed of it yourself. i'll always love every part of you, my lovely girl" i smiled and leaned up to kiss her head.

i sat back at the chair and watched over her until nurses came in to reel her away for surgery.

POV || Lee Chaeryeong

"you're quite tired since you haven't gotten much sleep, so you want to try to take a nap?" i asked yeji and she strutted through the house in despair.

she hasn't eaten much or even drank enough, i want to make sure that she's well rested and fed, helping out the most i can at this time of misfortune.

"i'm not sure if i can sleep, but a bath does sound nice" yeji rubbed her nape and strutted towards the bathroom.

"why don't you go and get your clothes and towel and i will run the water, okay?" i offered and she nodded, going straight into the bedroom.

i turned on the water in the bathtub and made sure it was hot, but not burning before letting it run. i sprinkled some lavender salt in the water and lavender scented soap. it might help her to wind down and relax enough to take a small nap.

yeji slowly made her way into the bathroom and undressed, the dark circles under her eyes, clearly visible.

i helped her into the bath and started to massage her shoulders, as she was so tense.

"you must be sore from sitting in the chair for a long time and sleeping on the couch at the hospital, you're very tense and tight" i kissed her head as i spoke softly.

"it must be, and thank you...for taking care of me. i know it's hard on you as well but you're pushing it aside to take care of me instead" yeji leaned her head back to look at me.

she took my hand in hers and gave it a light kiss "i'll lean on you still but please, please lean on me too. i'm here for you as well"

i nodded slowly and gave a small smile of comfort before returning to massaging her shoulders, moving to her neck as she groaned from pain.

after a while in the bath, i helped her to get out and get changed into fresh clothes. "let's lie down for the time being and try to get you some sleep, jagi" i kissed her lips softly and she nodded.

we both went into the bedroom and i shut all the curtains, turned off the lights, and climbed into bed. i snuggled closely to her and held her in my arms as she fell asleep quickly.

"rest well yeji-ah...i love you so much" i whispered, kissing her forehead and closing my eyes, falling into a dream.