Beginning and ending

Shrykos was the Godess of beginning, ending, transitions and doorways in the time of Old Valyria, Aemma Velaryon birth was just that for the Targaryens, a new beginning and ending of a chapter, the closing of Princess Rhaenyra's life as she knew it. It only seemed fair her one of a kind dragon bare the name. Aemma glided her hand across Shrykos pure white neck, Shrykos was fairly large for her age, she had golden eyes and a longer neck than normal, not quite as long as her uncle Daemon's dragon Caraxes, the blood worm. Shrykos had small horns growing on her head.

"Magnificent." Aemond exclaimed as he grazed his hand over Shrykos's scales, Aemma smiled at how welcoming her dragon was to her uncle.

"Shrykos has taken a liking to you." Aemma told the boy.

"She has?!" Aemond questioned excitedly, Aemma smirked at his happiness.

"She hasn't eaten you yet. Has she?" Aemma watched as Aemond's face turned whiter than the scales lining Shrykos's body, Aemma let out a small giggle.

"Have no fear, Uncle. I wouldn't let her hurt her, dragons can sense when you are scared you know."
Aemond let out a nervous chuckle trying to play it cool.

"I am not scared, I-I have never actually been this close to a dragon." Aemond admitted to his niece, Aemma looked at him surprised by his honesty.

"When the time is right, dear Uncle you will ride your own dragon. Slay that demon lurking over your shoulder and you will prove worthy." Aemma climbed up on her saddle placed carefully on the dragon's back, Shrykos let out a screech of happiness ready to fly the night sky.

"Come on." Aemma extended her hand for her uncle to take as he climbed up on the dragons back seating himself behind his niece hugging her body tight.

"You've never been this close to a girl either." Aemma joked as Shrykos took flight out the doors of the dragon pit into the night sky, the night was clear, the wind cool as it wiped down against the two. Aemond loosened his death grip a bit on Aemma as he opened his eyes to look around at the ground below, they were hundreds of feet in the air, riding over Kings Landing.

"Woah." Aemond whispered as he stared at the lights down below, they were approaching black water bay nearly flying over it.

"See? Nothing to fear." Aemma told Aemond as they slowly soared through the night sky, "except maybe this." Without another word Aemma yanked softly on Shrykos's reigns and the dragon accelerated at a rapid pace, Aemond was screaming as Aemma laughed at the whole experience. Nothing felt more right than it did at this moment in time, if only they knew that it would so quickly be ripped away from them.

The table was silent except for the sound of forks clanging against our plates as the families ate their food, every time they had dinner together it was like this. The tension between the princess and the queen was noticeably by everyone in the room, a rift tearing house Targaryen apart.
"Excuse me." Rhaenyra grunted as she held her belly in pain, Aemma looked at her mother worry filling her eyes.

"Princess? Are you feeling well?" Queen Alicent asked genuinely worried for her former friend whom she still held much love for despite her bitterness. Rhaenyra grunted again ask Ser Laenor helped her up out of her seat.

"Perhaps you should see the Maester?" Ser Laenor suggested, the king agreed with him.

"It's the babe. The babe is coming." Rhaenyra exclaimed as Ser Laenor helped her out of the room back to her chambers. Aemma was worried and Helaena could sense it.