The Fall Of King's Landing

At the news of her husbands death and the disappearance of her daughter, Rhaenyra had been distraught. Prince Daeron and the betrayers would be upon them any day now. With Lord Corlys being held prisoner, hundreds of the those sworn to House Velaryon had abandon the queen. Lord Celtigar proposed a new punishing tax to fill the queen's coffers for any child born out of wedlock. It was certain to fill the queen's coffers and rid the realm of thousands of bastards.

There was a priest known as "The Sheperd", he has thousands gathered around him and each night the numbers only grew. He spoke out against Queen Rhaenyra and more importantly, her dragons. The rats had come to play, the snakes seeped poisonous whispers and the greens schemed. Larys Clubfoot had never left the city, he had been hiding and serving Queen Alicent and King Aegon. It was he whom helped King Aegon escape with Jaehaera and Maelor and three members of the king's guard.

A dragonseed, a bastard of House Targaryen, a serving wench of nine-and-ten was dressed in Helaena's clothes and thrown from the princess's window, impaled on the spikes below. Queen Rhaenyra realized precipitation is everything and order Ser Luther Largent, the commander of the city watch, to remove the body quickly. She was far too late, whispers flooded the city. Queen Helaena had been murdered. It was on the lips of everyone, small folk and high born alike.

"Queen Helaena was murdered by Queen Rhaenyra, and let us not forget about Prince Maelor and Prince Jaehaerys. Prince Daeron will be here soon and with him...dragons. An end to the Queen's reign, but it is you who will burn first." The sheperd declared and with every passing second thousands more gathered to hear him.

"JUSTICE!" The crowd had begun chanting for justice for "Helaena" and her murdered sons. Queen Helaena was well loved, and Queen Rhaenyra whom was once cheered as "The Realm's Delight" was now hated. "Maegor with Teats", "Rhaenyra the Cruel"

That nights the riots began amidst the alleys and wynds of Flea Bottom, men and women flooded the streets, angry, drunk, and most of all afraid. Carts and wagons were overturned in the streets, shops looted, homes plundered and set ablaze. Women raped, neighbor fought neighbor, children beaten and killed. When the gold cloaks tried to interfere, they were beaten bloody and some even lost their lives. There was not one person that was spared, high born or low. Knights were yanked from their saddles and stabbed to death.

The Shepherd drank himself deeper into anger. "The day of doom is nigh at hand, just as I foretold. I call down the wroth of the Gods upon this unnatural queen who sits bleeding on the Iron Throne, her whore's lips glistening and red with the blood of her sweet sister." His voice was slurred and loud. A septa cried out in the back of the crowd for him to save them. "Only the Mother's mercy can save you, but you drove your Mother from this city with your pride and lust and avarice. Now it is the Stranger who comes. On a dark horse with burning eyes he comes, a scourge of fire in his hand to cleanse this pit of sin of demons and all who bow before them. Listen! Can you hear the sound of burning hooves? He comes! He comes!!"

The crowd followed his chants screaming "he comes!" A thousand torches filled the square burning bright. Ser Luther and the gold cloak had come, mounted up and that send many fleeing.

"Make way, you bloody fools," Ser Luthor roared at the Shepherd's lambs. "Go home. No harm will come to you. Go home. We only want this Shepherd." The Shepherd's followers helped him get away as Ser Luther and his men pushed on after him. The city watch held for about twenty yards or so, before the first man was killed. They only had five hundred men and the shepherd had ten thousand.

In a brothel on the street of silk did the whores raise up their own king. A bastard of King Aegon II, a boy they called Gaemon. Ser Perkin, a hedge knight raised up his own king as well, his squire, Trystane, claiming him to be a natural born son of the late King Viserys I. Ser Perkin was dubbing every sellsword, thief, and butcher's boy who flocked to their side, agreeing to fight for the "king." Boys appeared by the hundreds swearing themselves to this King Trystane.